recommendations for an inexpensive field dressing knife?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i have alot of differnt knives for hunting but i love knives and enjoy buying them. i am slowly learning to sharpen them and do good at that but before that i used this and they are amazing. you can usually get 2 deer completely dressed before the blades are bad but for this kind of deal who cares but they are scary sharp and now come with 12 replacement blades and and a carrying case

NEW Havalon Piranta Tracer-22 Skinning Caping Knife - eBay (item 310206287186 end time Mar-18-10 17:15:48 PDT)

though if you got a couple more bucks to spend besides 50 look at the case hunter trapper. its a 3 blade folder with a gut hook, knife and saw. i've got almost 4 deer under mine right now and haven't sharpened it yet and its still shaves. i carry it pretty much every day and its awesome

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    That Marble's is a classic! Plenty of belly on the blade for efficient skinning as well. The steel they use is first rate too (often used for large ball bearings). The design below and the Fieldcraft were on a lot of belts in the middle of the 20th century!

I have a knife that is very similar in shape to the Woodcraft, made in Germany some time in the 1980s. It was one of my first knives with a wide blade, flat ground from thin bar stock. A superb slicer!

For gutting, I use a Marble's (yeah, same company who made Winchester tang sights) Woodcraft with the stacked leather handle. It's a classic, and I love the way it feels in the hand. This is also my saddle knife.

mr80202.jpg

Top Bottom