• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    Well, I couldn't wait, so I got a DB9 to tide me over.

For those who haven't heard. Sig is coming out with a 9mm version of its 238. I think the Sig 238 is way cool and I would pocket carry one if I didn't have such an aversion to the .380 round. I prefer to pocket carry a 9mm. Just my preference. Anyway, if Sig gets it right, it could be a nice handgun.

Over the years, several handgun manufacturers have experimented with a 9mm style 1911. This new one should be smaller than a Springfield EMP.

I am hoping the Sig 938 is close to the same size as the 238 and doesn't get a ton wider on the slide like all of the other Sig firearms. I also hope they work the bugs out before putting on the market. I really don't want to be a beta tester for an EDC handgun.

GlockZ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I read the price of the p938 is going to be in the 8's? The p238 goes for 5. For that price difference, if that's correct, I could buy a p238 and a lot of ammo or a nicer 1911 in .45!

linc_man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    i couldn't wait either so i went and bought a p238 equinox two weeks ago !
    after i got it in my hand i was able to look over the .380 part real fast but i cant wait for the p938 & p224 either :D

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Apparently it won't be too much bigger than a 238 or it would have greater capacity than six. I like the idea of the aluminum frame and stainless slide. Anything but the Sig Nitron finish which seems to wear very quickly.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I know it's a Sig, but that is too much for a 9mm. I'm sure they will sell a bunch of 'em, though. But, it might be a good idea to sit back and see how they do outta the box. As mentioned, hopefully they learned from the P238.

I saw some specs, can't remember where now, and they are supposed to be a smidge larger than the CW9. Despite the price, I'm sure I'll fog up the paint job on one.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Well, they are good looking and maybe a smidge larger than the PM/CM. But, holy retail Batman, you can buy two Kahrs for the price of one 938!:nopity:

krvincen

Marksman
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    May 20, 2011
    Osceola
    It looks great and specs are impressive as far as size, but im with the "holy cow!" croud on the msrp! Seems very steep for a pocket pistol.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I love Sig and have always wanted the P238. This is even cooler because of the 9mm-factor.

People can say that the Beretta Nano is fugly, but I like the clean lines and simplicity over this one and the price is half if I have to choose...:twocents:

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Mmmm... SAS. Daddy like. I got the SAS 238 from another INGOer who said it just wasn't his thing. Little big for my preferred method of carry, pocket carry, but definitely a keeper. Good shooter, awesomely clean lines, night sights, just a great pistol. Take away the cheapass plastic trigger, and it'd be pretty close to perfect. Jeffsig? Are you listening? Cheapass plastic trigger? Hint, hint?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom