Ready To Pay Road Tolls Based On Miles Driven? Ready For .gov To Have All Your Travel Data?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    **** em. Do away with the gas tax before you even think about it.
    That tradeoff might actually work, except who wants to report to/give access to .gov their private information? Also, how, exactly, will that data be collected, and what kind of assurances will we get that mileage is *all* the data that will be collected?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Hopefully it works as well as that stupid *****ing *** **** ****** ****** Frickin frackin **** *** Piece of **** software my company makes me use for reimbursements. SAP Concur sucks ***!!!!! Stupid POS crap.

I tell it to start capturing my mileage in the morning, and its supposed to detect my driving and record my routes/miles UNTIL I TELL IT TO STOP. But it will stop randomly. Sometimes in the middle of the damn drive. Like the trip from indy to Merrillville. It randomly closed the trip a mile after the Remington exit. dafu????

So if the capture is as accurate as that software? Sure! LOL

/rant

(luckily when I have to manually input mileage, management ignores the "your company requires you to record mileage" warning and doesnt question it because she knows the issues)

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That tradeoff might actually work, except who wants to report to/give access to .gov their private information? Also, how, exactly, will that data be collected, and what kind of assurances will we get that mileage is *all* the data that will be collected?
    We are going to quickly end up wired to TPTB, cars connected to .gov and insurers, the fit-bit connected to government/health insurance, all your financials all the way down to $600 through PayPal sent to .gov.

It is out of control…

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    We are going to quickly end up wired to TPTB, cars connected to .gov and insurers, the fit-bit connected to government/health insurance, all your financials all the way down to $600 through PayPal sent to .gov.

It is out of control…
    And of course in that scenario the insurance companies are now going to FORCE the current "good driver discount" tech to charge us based on how much we drive. And NOBODYs rates will go down.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And of course in that scenario the insurance companies are now going to FORCE the current "good driver discount" tech to charge us based on how much we drive. And NOBODYs rates will go down.
    There will be voices on INGO that will swear that since it is the insurance companies that require it to get insurance it is free market based not “FORCE” just like they did when companies forced vaccines…

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.

It is out of control…
    I am dense, see TPTB being used a lot on INGO.

What does TPTB stand for?

Don

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    So they’ll eliminate gas taxes, right?

What if most of your driving is out of state? GPS tracking to determine who gets the mileage revenue?

Sounds like a great idea.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan

It is out of control…

And this is why it is so desperately important that the State implement Digital ID. EVERY authoritarian ideal they have revolves around the elimination of anonymity (for the average citizen) and the tracking, tracing and databasing of movements, financials, purchase habits/history, social media, etc., and requires Digital ID.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom