• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nikoteo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Evansville, IN
    I just sent off for my LTCH a handgun yesterday and I know it'll likely be several weeks before I hear anything back.

My dad, who got his LTCH in the mail Saturday, wants me to go to a range down here in Evansville that rents out handguns, which is great cause I want to try out a few different kinds to get an idea of what'd be right for me and I understand that I do not need a LTCH to rent.

This may be a stupid question but, keeping in mind I don't have my LTCH yet, could I use my dad's pistol once we got to the range or is the situation different because it's personal property vs the range's property?

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Your good to go!!

You are on private property so your good.

There will be others along shortly posting all the laws many will agree with me others will not but yes you are fine.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    You are 100% good to go. By the way, you are making a wise choice to try before you buy. Try different calibers, different sizes, different brands, revolvers vs. semi autos if possible. I have fallen into the trap before of buying a pistol because it looked good only to find out that it really did not fit my hand well once I started to shoot it. In my case I sold the gun and started over which ends up costing time and money.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    You will be fine. Note, you cannot "carry" a handgun, even on private property (your own home not withstanding), so don't walk off with one (like back to the car with your dad's). Let your pops handle anything outside of the range or firing line. You get to carry the ammo and other gear!

Handgun rental is no big deal. The range will likely ask is you have a license, but you should not need one.

Congrats on getting your LTCH (assuming all goes well), and enjoy the range time!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom