• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I had an extremely bad experience with Ranger Supply at the Indpls 1500 a couple of years ago (was my first gun show and most likely my last) and I refuse to buy from someone who tries to cheat me.

I tried to buy a Mossberg shotgun from them and my application (background check) came back delayed. He wanted me to drive from Indy to Fort Wayne but would not compensate on price. Next he offered to ship to a FFL but it had to be on my dime. I told him I was no longer interested and he wanted to charge me $40.00 for doing the paperwork. He even went and got the police who sided with me. The whole thing took about a hour but two good things came out of it. 1) I was able to sit the whole time and 2) he did zero business the whole time. NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH RANGER SUPPLY, THEY ARE DISHONEST:noway::noway::noway::xmad::xmad::xmad:

Sarge470

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Wow, two years is a long time to hold a grudge, especially since you didn't lose a dime in the aborted transaction. Ranger Supply enjoys a pretty good reputation in the Fort Wayne area, and their tables are always well-visited at gun shows. There has to be something more to the story...

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    Two years is a bit long to wait for a B1tchfest! Not Cool...

It is not their fault that you were delayed. Also, you can not expect someone to ship to you free or whatever because you were delayed... again not their problem.

If you wanted to cancel the transaction that should have been no issue and not have had any fee's, judging by the long time span I'm calling BS on this whole thing as we are only hearing the side of the butt hurt individual.

EDIT: I am not now or ever have been an employee of Ranger. I'm not even a paying customer since it's completely out of my way.

Last edited:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Wow, don't have a dog in this fight, never been to Ranger and live a looong way from Ft Wayne.

But, to make the first complaint two years after the incident is stretching it.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    I would have to agree, its been a couple years and if your still dwelling on it then whats up with that? Being delayed happens, dont matter who you buy it from! I make my rounds throughout the gun shops in Ft. Wayne and always make it a point to stop by Ranger.

Never had an issue with the company or the staff! They have always been friendly to me and the wife. No complaints on my side.

Ltrain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    I've had nothing but good experiences with Ranger supply. Very helpful group of guys and gals. I recently went in to buy a roll pin for my gas tube and he just gave it to me free of charge.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    First of all if you complete the transaction you do need to go to their shop since you were delayed. Why would he compensate you for YOU travel to pick up your gun after you were being delayed? Why would he pay to ship you the gun that YOU were delayed on?

I have no idea about other shops policies on if they charge you a restocking fee if you are denied/delayed/or decide not to buy. I think its funny you are complaining about it now though. I dont think Ranger even goes to the 1500 anymore. Full disclosure I really like the guys at Ranger and I go in there fairly regularly. Never been treated badly, always fair prices.

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    The DELAY came from YOU being TURNED DOWN.............

I miss where the dealer "eat" the cost of the paperwork, shipping or FFL???

He was tring to do business with you...........you couldn't, how is that his fault??

He gave you 3 options to correct the side effects of YOUR delay, how is that his fault??

YOU coming on here and FLAMI?NG him, makes me wonder more about you than him. .o2

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    First of all I did not know that there was a place to post this UNTIL today, I hope you understand that. Second, we AGREED on a price. The travel to Fort Wayne from Indy CHANGED that price as would S&H AND tranfer fees. Third, the real ripoff was the $40.00 charge for the background check. I understand the first two and was willing to walk away, but he said if I did he would have me arrested for the $40.00, I see that as attempted theft and yes that sticks in my crawl, as I think it really would ALL of you, or would you be happy to just give him the $40.00? REALLY, I know you would not. I know he was really pissed that he could not browbeat me out of the $40.00

Now, I have every gun I want and like I said, more then likely no more gun shows for me. I have thousands of rounds of quality ammo and except for 22lr really have no plans to buy more except what I use to stay sharp.

I bought two other guns at that 1500 and Ranger Suppy was my last stop. I think they sucked then as I do now. I have a Shell station one block from my house and they were caught price gouging in 2007, to this day I will not buy their gas, other Shells sure, just not that one. I'm loyal to those that treat me right, that's why I drive to Bradis from outside 465 on the eastside and not Popguns.

I did my best to explain and the events are accurate as I descibed them. Now you can believe what you want, which you would have anyway.;)

p.s. I'll still tell the truth of what happened 20 years from now. After the police said I could go he would not even shake my hand after I offered him mine, that is a person with very little class. Oh, did I say I had witnesses? My best friend took me with his son and he used to be a FFL dealer.

p.p.s. I thought this was a place to inform others of good or bad dealers, who knew there was a time limit?

Last edited:

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    Yeah, I am good at holding a grudge against places and Ranger Supply is no different. I can over look the know it all attitude that Russ and Mike give to their customers, but when they blatantly call you out in front of other customers, I am done.

Post #19

I refuse to do business with 5th 3rd Bank. Not only because their name is dumb but they stiffed me on a lease turn in. Was never told of the fees but still got stuck with over $300 in turn in fees on top of the usual "damage" fees. I even told the lady if they kept the charges I would never use 5-3 again, and she said she didnt care. So I paid it, and havent used them since. When I get a loan I always mention anyone but 5-3.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    my application (background check) came back delayed. He wanted me to drive from Indy to Fort Wayne but would not compensate on price.
    Next he offered to ship to a FFL but it had to be on my dime.

Not his fault that you got delayed, and the price of the firearm had nothing to do with your driving cost or any shipping. So no, dealer cost was not affected by those. It's your *opinion* that he should have adjusted the cost, but that doesn't make it fact. He paid a set price from whatever distributor he ordered from... should he then call the distributor and say "I need a price-break... snowwalker got a delay and I have to use part of the gun's value to ship it." ?
    No.

I told him I was no longer interested and he wanted to charge me $40.00 for doing the paperwork.
    Yeah, you took up his time, and that's the value he set on it. Not to mention the fact that it's possible someone else coulda/woulda purchased that gun while you were jackin' around about it and he lost a potential sale.

He even went and got the police who sided with me.
    If somebody took away the cop's compensation for his time, I'm sure he wouldn't have looked at it the same. Just because another human agrees with you, it doesn't mean you're right. No matter what they are wearing.

we AGREED on a price. The travel to Fort Wayne from Indy CHANGED that price as would S&H AND tranfer fees.
    No, it didn't. That gun cost the dealer what it cost the dealer, regardless of you and your actions, your delay, or your distance traveled.

Now, I have every gun I want

I have thousands of rounds of quality ammo
    Good for you.

Oh, did I say I had witnesses? My best friend took me with his son and he used to be a FFL dealer.
    And had he just stayed at a Holiday Inn?

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    :DJet girl, I thought I was pretty clear, but I'll try again.

First point) I never said it was his fault I got delayed and his first two options did not change his costs, BUT made a big difference in MY costs. Both are deal breakers which WE could have avoided with a little give and take.

Second point) ANYTIME you enter a gun shop or stop at a booth you take up their time. You missed the point, HE was jacking me around, so unless you're a hypocrite tell the next FFL you WANT TO PAY $40.00 for the background check. No? That is because NOBODY charges for a background check. Should I charge you for my time? LOL Your point is moot.

Third point) Ranger Supply said I broke the law the police said I did not, good enough.

Fourth point) His solutions CHANGED my price, again that point is moot. That is how people buy most things, based on their costs and yes that means even you.

Fifth point) Thank you.

Sixth point) No, he drove from Jay county.

I'm not a techie so I don't know how to post quotes, pictures, have a smart phone, FB, twitter, or all that junk. I'm a caveman when it comes to the techie stuff, BUT I do know the difference between right and wrong. :D

Last edited:

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Wow, don't have a dog in this fight, never been to Ranger and live a looong way from Ft Wayne.

But, to make the first complaint two years after the incident is stretching it.

^^^^^^This! You've been on this site since April of 2009. It never occured to you before that you should "warn us" of this menace to gunbuyers??

Last edited:

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That is because NOBODY charges for a background check.

They might not charge for the NICS check itself, but most do charge for the whole body of work involved.

Try walking in the majority of shops and see what they charge for a transfer.

Ranger provided a service to you in doing the paperwork and running the NICS check. The cost of the shotgun and this service was agreed upon. Because of the unfortunate delay, you chose to break the deal. Ranger insisting on payment for their services then sounds fair.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    04DarkShadowGT says that Ranger Supply does not go to the 1500 anymore. From what I understand that was not his choice.

Honestly man, you need to get a life. :rolleyes: This was two years ago, if it even happened, time to move on. I mean you already have every gun you want so why do you still want to whine like a school girl about something from the past.

I have no idea if what you are saying is true, however unless you have proof throwing around accusations is in bad taste.

Sarge470

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Harry Reid also understands from anonymous sources that Mitt Romney didn't pay taxes for ten years. (Proven later to be bogus) Insinuations are a far cry from facts, and you provide no facts to back up your insinuation. It would appear that you are part of a very small minority here, waging a battle you cannot win. Discretion is, after all, the better part of valor.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    Not sure on the hangup on the two year thing. There are parts of this site I've never been to. My original post was in General Firearms Discussion, stumbled here and thought I would post the same here. As far as proof, same could be said of most of this site, so get real. IMO Ranger Supply is a cheat and dishonest and you're free to think and do what you want, even try to browbeat me. No matter as the word goes forth. I post the same if I run across another internet site that asks for opinions as to Ranger Supply. Everybody have a good weekend as I think this horse has been beat to death.:cool:

Some people you can work with some you can't and ALL OF US have been in both groups, yes?

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom