• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    Would it be bad for me to take handfuls of brass out of the brass buckets at the range? At least half of mine goes past the firing line and there is never any hope of getting them back. Then there are all those people who leave 45 and 357 brass in the buckets. Enough of that would add up. $$$

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Would it be bad for me to take handfuls of brass out of the brass buckets at the range? At least half of mine goes past the firing line and there is never any hope of getting them back. Then there are all those people who leave 45 and 357 brass in the buckets. Enough of that would add up. $$$
    If it is a DNR range, they sell the brass, to make money for the range...
    I go to WW, in New Castle, and they let me pick up all I want from the ground, but the buckets, are off limits .....

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    All depends on where you're at... Wouldn't hurt to ask. Good chance they might offer to sell it to you.

Where I shoot at the left behind brass is fair game until it goes into the bucket... Once it's in the bucket, it belongs to them.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    It would be pretty bad taste to take brass out of the bucket. Not quite as bad as picking up another shooters brass while he is still aiming, but I would not do either.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    One of the ranges I go to is a private club. All unwanted brass goes in bucket. If you see someone else shooting a caliber you reload dump some in the bucket, have at it. Rest is sold for range $$

Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    A few times guys have seen me picking my brass and offered me there brass if I would pick it up. Absolutely. Thanks for the insights, I don't do a lot of range shooting, so now I know.

El Guero

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2011
    Nw Indiana
    I see at Kingsbury a regular guy that come and pick from all the buckets, he dont have problem doing it, i talked to him and told me that he reload like 8 different calibers to sell and never buy brass, so i guess that if he re sale may pick large amount of brass.

onesurveyor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    I've never shot at a range before, just in the back 40. But free brass, I'm going to the range. I didn't know anyone left brass behind...

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I didn't know anyone left brass behind...

Where you go makes a difference... A public range near where I'm at ( Roush ) resells the brass that makes it to the buckets. I would venture to guess more shooters leave it rather than take it home.. Some days more so than others... I will never understand it.

Top Bottom