• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • waltherppk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    Sorry if I missed a thread, but searched and looked and couldn't find much info. Anyone have good suggestions on a backpack to use for a few handguns, eyes, ears, oil, etc that I can also pack guns in as well?

Doesn't have to be anything fancy, found some online but thought I'd check on here.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I just use a cheap plastic foam padded double pistol case, and keep my glasses in my pocket or on my head. I only use ear buds for hearing, so no need to store big muffs, and they fit in the case easily, as well as targets, tools, and about five boxes of ammo.

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    Go to your local hardware store and get a tool bag... I have a nice little Masterforce bag that came from I believe Menards that serves the bill nicely. Just recently it held 100rnds .357, 150rnds 9mm, 550rnds 22lr, 4 30rnd PMAGS, 1 20rnd GI, 2 pistols, eyes and ears, a small bottle of rem oil, and targets, with room for more mags inside, and could have put in an Otis cleaning kit in outer pockets...
    photo_zpsc3b3b010.jpg

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    ALVASB2.jpg

I have one that kind of looks like this but is black. It is cheap but I've used it a LOT. It is great for KD appleseeds, fishing, range bag and if you have kids you'll use it a TON. Carries a lot and you always have a place to sit.
    I Google'd back pack seat and WOW there are a LOT nicer variations of this now.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    Support the tool bag option. Of course they aren't designed as a range bag, but typically they are rugged. Great for carrying several boxes of ammo. Usually much less expensive than a range bag. Also, I use a couple of those cheap plastic storage grates for transportation of misc. Get to spend more money on ammo this way.

Lunati

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Warsaw
    ALVASB2.jpg

I have one that kind of looks like this but is black. It is cheap but I've used it a LOT. It is great for KD appleseeds, fishing, range bag and if you have kids you'll use it a TON. Carries a lot and you always have a place to sit.
    I Google'd back pack seat and WOW there are a LOT nicer variations of this now.

I need this in my life!

waltherppk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    I love the idea of built in seat! I found this one without seat as well, on amazon for $70. Anyone have one that can speak to quality? Thanks smiledoc, I'm looking at ones w seats now too!

Forgot to post link [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Sandpiper-of-California-Bugout-Backpack/dp/B007VMOPRY[/ame]

Last edited:

indychad

Marksman
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    May 6, 2009
    Brown Co.
    Wife and I have the ModGear Tracker Three Day Assault Pack Black by Drago 18x10.5x5" Three Day Assault Pack and find it very functional. I rework it for when I run the shot gun or the AR. Works well for a rest for the AR. Built pretty good. My only suggestion is to go with the green or tan, for some reason the black (mine) has over sized pads on the shoulder straps and I find it a bit restrictive. The other two we have(green and tan) do not have this issue.

RobyG78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Rochester
    I have a Tactical Tailor range bag myself that I use but to each his own. If I were to pick a backpack to use I would go with my old trusty Eagle USA pack I bought in Airborne school in 99, 14 years of service next month and still going strong. I am not sure they make them anymore and prices seem to have more then doubled since I bought it for an equal 3day packs. So cost effectiveness is a little on the high side IMO. I currently use a Mystery Ranch for my mission bag. Other than the price it is awesome.

I would need to know more before recommending a specific backpack. Like
    Modular Capability, pockets, type pf weapons and so on. If none of that applies and you just want X amount of cubes and 2 or 3 pockets then any old pack will do.

I have gone though about 10 of those style folding chairs over the years and they never seem to withstand my abuse, this is more than likely do to service relate abuse and Joe not generally caring about other peoples ****. I use a trifold style now that has served me well for the last two years.

Rob

waltherppk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    Anyone own one of these [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Sandpiper-of-California-Bugout-Backpack/dp/B007VMOPRY]Amazon.com: Sandpiper of California Bugout Backpack (Black, 22x15.5x8-Inch): Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

RobyG78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Rochester
    The one thing I find odd is some of those bags looked different so If they are the same model that would make me worry about QC. :coffee:

Top Bottom