• ...and so much more!
  • nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Most of this thread is funny, some a bit serious, this is just BS. It's also illegal to catch a fish in IN with a pickup truck, a train, the empire state building, etc. Do you know it's illegal in IN to catch a fish with a Corgi dog? Not withstanding the fact that Corgi dogs should be illegal in and of themselves.
    When I was a kid I used to catch fish with an old tire, never bothered to ask if it was legal or not.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Spin cast or cane pole?
    Neither, just the tire.
    There was a couple of cement footings in a nearby creek where there used to be a bridge at some point in history. I would just hop out on the footing and hang the tire on the corner so it was about half in/half out of the water and then come back maybe twice a day and lift it up and a lot of times I would have from 1 to 3 bullheads in there hiding in the dark. I would bring them to an elderly couple that liked to eat bullheads. They got the fish and it was fun for me because I got to watch him nail the bullhead to a tree and skin it with a pair of pliers.

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Neither, just the tire.
    There was a couple of cement footings in a nearby creek where there used to be a bridge at some point in history. I would just hop out on the footing and hang the tire on the corner so it was about half in/half out of the water and then come back maybe twice a day and lift it up and a lot of times I would have from 1 to 3 bullheads in there hiding in the dark. I would bring them to an elderly couple that liked to eat bullheads. They got the fish and it was fun for me because I got to watch him nail the bullhead to a tree and skin it with a pair of pliers.
    OK, so 10 lb. test mono. Got it.

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    My daughter told me today that when she needs TP or soaps, she orders it from WalMart and they deliver it for free. Same price if I drive there and buy it. Seems like I should get it cheaper if I spend the time and gas. WTF

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    My daughter told me today that when she needs TP or soaps, she orders it from WalMart and they deliver it for free. Same price if I drive there and buy it. Seems like I should get it cheaper if I spend the time and gas. WTF
    Those brick and mortar buildings, and staff cost a lot of money, no free lunch…

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    The states are mandated to care for and improve the interstate highway system as needed, with some oversight from the federal highway administration. However, they are largely paid for with federal funds. Those funds have local match requirements where the states have to contribute a share to get the federal money. Usually 80% federal and 20% state, but that varies a little depending on the work being performed.

If they called it a highway the state would actually have to pay for it. Call it an interstate and the federal government builds it(with our tax dollars). After that maintaining it is 80% federal and 20% state.Also...it connects our air base with our naval base.
    I would wager the interstate in Hawaii is darn near paved with gold and well maintained.
    Yes, nice roads there. This is the highway between Kona & Hilo.
    hawaii_06-2014 376_small.JPG

Top Bottom