• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    I am really dissapointed right now. I just got back from one of the best hunting trips of my life, not only because of the great deer woods but because of the time spent with Robert and Dave. Dave put us in some of his honey holes and set us up on deer. It was a fantastic time, with one tragic flaw.
    This year I switched to the 3 blade rage. Heard great things about them, and that they had worked out their deployment issues. But Ihad some. Thursday afternoon I shot a doe, it was about 40 yards and I hit her low right behind the shoulder. Whack! She ran about 20 yards and bedded down. Yes! I decided to stay in my stand until dark since I didn't want to get down and ruin Robert and Daves hunt, because they were near me. Finally came down, went to where she had been, and she was gone. Picked up the blood trail, followed her for about half a mile, and jumped her. Four hours after being shot, she jumped up and ran. We backed out and decided to give it the night. I came back the next day and found her not far away, and on dressing her, found that it was a perfect shot, blades just didn't open. Oh well, I got her.
    Friday night didn't go quite so well. Dave put me in a good stand, and it wasn't long before a buck caught my eye. e knew something was wrong, but he was slowly coming. Few steps, stop, wait, few more steps. I couldn't believe he kept coming, I prayed that I would see a buck, and here I WAS ABOUT TO GET MY FIRST BUCK WITH A BOW! I can't tell you how excited I was! When he stepped behind a tree at 25 yards I drew. He stepped out from behind it broadside, froze, and stared straight at me. I let fly. WHACK! Right behind the shoulder and a little high, I watched my luminok dissapear into his chest. Knees were shaking, he wasn't a big buck, but he was my first bow buck!I gave him a half an hour and climbed down. When I went to where I last saw him, I was stunned. Three little drops of blood on a leaf, and no trail. No arrow. Nothing. Dave and Robert came and helped me search, but we never found any more blood. We finally gave up for the night, but I spent the next day scouring those woods and never found a sign of him. My excitement has turned to heartache, and what should have been a wonderfull chapter in my hunting book is spoiled. I of course second guess myself: should I have waited? Did I hit to high? Maybe, maybe not. But I do know I shot a rage through two deer's rib cages, and neither one should have made it 100 yards. The rage didn't open on my first deer, and it did nothing on my buck. I'll get over it I guess, and I hope my buck does too. But I won't carry rages into the field again, that is for sure.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Sorry man that really sucks.

I switched to the cheapest Walmart fixed blades. They kill just fine for me. I just hit a button buck, last week and he went down on the spot. $6 for three of them.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I quit using mechanicals a few years ago. I have a bowtech guardian and shoots pretty fast so i bought the Hyper-Speed™ Broadhead - SpinTite.com. I love these. I've shot 3 deer with them and the exit hole is just ridiculous. They shred thru everything. My most recent doe it went thru both sides and blew out the entire elbow. No deer has went more than 40 yards. I highly recommend them.

straittactical

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   1
    Dec 16, 2008
    I Bought the Rage 2 blade for short draw lengts. this is my fits year bow hunting i always shot indoor tournaments but never hunted so i figured i would give it a shot ( 10 times better than hunting with a gun) but i sold my compitition bow and bought a New BowTech SWAT.
    but to make a long story short sunday night i shot a decent sized buck with the rage and blew threw him it had quite an inpressive hole but i told my buddy in the field that it did not look like they came open all the way.
    they were not locked open i know. but maybe they dont lock back maybe its the impact and drag that keeps them open. NOT SURE ??
    but i agree i am a little sceptical about them also. and the say if you dont get your deer they will refund you 100% of your money and the are $39.99 for 3 of them so hell i would get my money back if i was you.

FordMan08

Shooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    24   1   1
    Nov 26, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    I have Rage 2 blades, the three blades had an issue on not opening. My buddy shot a big doe sunday morning with a Rage 2 blade. The doe went 30 feet and crashed, he said it looked like buckets of blood were sloshed everywhere. The entrance wound sliced 3 ribs and the exit wound sliced two. I believe the two blade Rage broadheads are the best out there.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    3 words...Cut, On, Contact. Stick with a simple triangular blade setup it has worked for thousands of years why change it?

Zwickey01.JPG

Arrowheads.jpg

captpaul

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Indy
    Slick tricks or muzzy's for me. Why introduce another variable hoping the moving parts will work? Rages are great if they work, my fixed blades are always open and fly excellently out of a properly tuned bow.

straittactical

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   1
    Dec 16, 2008
    I took this with a RAGE 2 blade. nothing special but it is my FIRST BOW KILL so i could not pass it up i did pass up several doe.

***THE SHOT WAS FROM A MAJOR ANGLE SO THE SHOT IS NOT AS BAD AS IT LOOKED***

2hhncxu.jpg

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I had a Rage 2 blade open up on me in flight last year... looked like an airplane spinning out of control... no more mechanicals for me.

Top Bottom