• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Falkin88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    I'll give another +1 to Marigolds. My grandmother used to plant them around her garden and never had any rabbit issues in the garden even though they were always everywhere else. I've continued planting them around my own garden and haven't had any rabbit issues either although I see them in the yard.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    I planted Marigolds at both ends of each of my rows, the rabbits still mowed off every pea in my garden, and and then started working on my young corn. I think my dog finally killed it, or he moved on, because the damage eventually stopped.

Maybe next year, I need to plant a marigold wall around my garden.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Update. It wasn't rabbits.

I was in the garden last weekend and I heard a strange tearing noise. I looked over and saw my roommate's fiancee's little terrier mutt ripping out one of my pea vines!

i had seen him in the garden sniffing around but never considered him. In hindsight, every time I saw nibbled plants he had visited recently.

My fix is easy. A size 10 boot to the a**! :):

Last edited:

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Update. It wasn't rabbits.

I was in the garden last weekend and I heard a strange tearing noise. I looked over and saw my roommate's fiancee's little terrier mutt ripping out one of my pea vines!

i had seen him in the garden sniffing around but never considered him. In hindsight, every time I saw nibbled plants he had visited recently.

My my fix is easy. A size 10 boot to the a**! :):

Of your roommate, the fiance, or the mutt's? Or all three?

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    My dog does more damage to the garden, than the critters he is supposed to keep run off.

He stays out when I'm around, but when I get home from work, I see he's been in the garden by his paw prints, and the holes he's dug.

skulhedface

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    east indy
    Is it just me or is the rabbit population extremely high this year?

Seems that way to me too. I've never seen so many. I can confirm a few things that aren't working this year. While watering a raised bed last night (that's over 12 inches high, bordered with onions garlic and tom cat liquids, marigolds in it and cat and Siberian husky hair scattered around) had two little baby rabbits run out of a very well hidden burrow in the middle of the raised bed. Going to be a busy winter and a full freezer this year I think.

Top Bottom