• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jburris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    henry county
    I quit smoking the 3rd of this month. The wife told me I could take the $50 a week that I spent on smokes and could use to buy something else. So I bought myself a bass boat. Granted will be paying $50/wk for about a year, but its worth it. Its an 86 winner 18ft. 115hp johnson, 24v trolling motor, dual live wells, bimimi top. Really nice boat. this pic was taken saturday. Went shed hunting with a friend, didnt find any antlers, but did find a big shed this was in and it followed me home. Little did I know we were gonna get a foot of snow sunday. Glad I made room in my garage for it. Im ready to go fishing. dang indiana weather
    2ujkrvm.jpg

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Congrats buddy. You have just made a great trade! I quit for good about 10 years ago and have never been sorry. Prices of smokes have escalated and society in general has treated smokers worse and worse. I'm not sayin I don't miss them, I do, and even dream about them sometimes but I am so glad to be shed of them.

jburris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    henry county
    Thanks. yea I think it was a good trade. Took the money after the first couple of weeks and applied for my ltch. had one and let it expire like an idiot. never again. Figured this was the best thing to do with the money. just buy something big on payments, I'm not good at saving money. I always end up running across the one deal that I just cant pass up.

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    Good for you, whatever it was costing you a week to smoke was nothing compared the costs of treating heart and lung diseases down the road.

Enjoy your new lease on life and the boat!

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Good move.... I quit one day at a time until I was completely over them. That was 47 years ago. I think I've got it whipped now. ;)

I've got a few friends that didn't quit and they are carrying around little oxygen bottles now. Sad.......

RedThunder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Indy-North
    Congrats! I quit Copenhagen almost 2 years ago. Wife let me buy a new Fatboy low. Bike and insurance payments are still not as expensive as the chew was annually...3 cans a day...x 365 well, it w about 6500 a year. Can't think of a better reason besides health.

Used Chantix. Damned effective.

jburris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    henry county
    Congrats! I quit Copenhagen almost 2 years ago. Wife let me buy a new Fatboy low. Bike and insurance payments are still not as expensive as the chew was annually...3 cans a day...x 365 well, it w about 6500 a year. Can't think of a better reason besides health.

Used Chantix. Damned effective.

dang. shouldve thought of a harley. owell. I tried the chantix last year and it messed with my blood sugar real bad. this time I got sick with bronchitis and couldnt smoke for a couple of days. hardest thing was telling my self that i wanted a smoke. not that i needed one.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Hopefully u find a way to kick it.. Smoking is a complex habit/addiction. Its difficult to quit. I suggest the E cigarettes... I know several people at work who quit by switching to them.

Joq867

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Brooksville
    Congrats on quitting, I did it, and it ain't easy. Don't become a smoke nazi. My wife and I quit about 5 years ago, and now she can't and the smell, and complains when people smoke around her. I told her you used to get that smoke straight from the tap and now you are gonna complain?

Top Bottom