• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • juggaloxjj4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Ok i bought my first pistol. one problem dont have a ccw permit so its stuck at home in my safe and i cant take it to the range without johnny law brething down my neck. So....

where do i apply to get a permit? State building, court house, police station?

Second what do i need? Birth certificate, photo id?

Third i only need to be 18 to get one...right?

Fourth how much do they cost.

ANd five whats the adress to the building i go to fill out my info for it? Im just going to look up directions on yahoo maps.

Thank you for you time and hopefully i will be one of the few who has the balls to support my second amendment rights.

juggaloxjj4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    ok thats good. i just need to know one thing what is the adress to the building in down town indy where i have to go. because i can hop one the interstate and be there in 7 minutes.

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    ok thats good. i just need to know one thing what is the adress to the building in down town indy where i have to go. because i can hop one the interstate and be there in 7 minutes.

Do some calling around tomorrow to find out, I'm 2hrs North of Indy.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    If it takes you 7 minutes to get into downtown, are you in the city limits??

It would suck to go someplace and wait to talk to them, maybe even fill out some paperwork, and find out you weren't in the right jurisdiction..

Just wondering out loud.. I live close enough to my county line that I can use two different "Cities" for my mailing address, and either one will get to my house with no problem. The two different cities are actually in two different counties, too!!

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I don't think it's an issue. Apparently the County Sheriff and City Police take applications in the same office.

If it takes you 7 minutes to get into downtown, are you in the city limits??

It would suck to go someplace and wait to talk to them, maybe even fill out some paperwork, and find out you weren't in the right jurisdiction..

Just wondering out loud.. I live close enough to my county line that I can use two different "Cities" for my mailing address, and either one will get to my house with no problem. The two different cities are actually in two different counties, too!!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    It's real easy to find once you get in there.

Once you go through the metal detectors, head towards the hallway on the left.

Follow it to the end, where you can see the parking lot out the doors, and the office is on the right.

Rogue42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    McCordsville
    Okay, litttle thread hijack but not OT.

Rently got my permit, and was thinking about protecting my pink piece of paper. I thought hey how about copying it on matching paper and putting original in my filing cabinet for safekeeping, that way if wallet gets lost/stolen I don't have to worry about paying the fee for another one.

Went to my local PD, and they said sure, that piece of paper is stupid, why do they just give it to you on paper, but could not recommend that I did that with the original, but to only make a copy and carry the original. Ok, that makes sense, they can't tell me to carry a possible forged document, (its just a photocopy not watermark or anything to say it can't be copied).

So I went to Kinko's to copy and laminate my orig. They said that they can't copy it, that pape is not available (to her knowledge) and they choose that shade of pink because it is not available anywhere to prevent people from copying it. She said that they are not supposed but knew that there was nothing on the document or legally preventing her from doing it, it would just be the wrong shade....

Figured there is no point in that, No cop would accept that if I used that as my ID, so I just ended up laminating my original. Anyone else copy their license?

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

Rently got my permit, and was thinking about protecting my pink piece of paper. I thought hey how about copying it on matching paper and putting original in my filing cabinet for safekeeping, that way if wallet gets lost/stolen I don't have to worry about paying the fee for another one.

Went to my local PD, and they said sure, that piece of paper is stupid, why do they just give it to you on paper, but could not recommend that I did that with the original, but to only make a copy and carry the original. Ok, that makes sense, they can't tell me to carry a possible forged document, (its just a photocopy not watermark or anything to say it can't be copied).

So I went to Kinko's to copy and laminate my orig. They said that they can't copy it, that pape is not available (to her knowledge) and they choose that shade of pink because it is not available anywhere to prevent people from copying it. She said that they are not supposed but knew that there was nothing on the document or legally preventing her from doing it, it would just be the wrong shade....

Figured there is no point in that, No cop would accept that if I used that as my ID, so I just ended up laminating my original. Anyone else copy their license?

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...16185-indiana_gun_faqs_sticky.html#post187167

Scroll down :rolleyes:

rcuhljr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Carmel
    Kinko's gave me the same "we can't copy that" line so I thanked them and just took my business to the copy place down the road. I made three copies, signed, laminated them. I've got the original in my file cabinet, one copy in my car, one in my gun safe, and one in my wallet.

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ok i bought my first pistol. one problem dont have a ccw permit so its stuck at home in my safe and i cant take it to the range without johnny law brething down my neck. So....

where do i apply to get a permit? State building, court house, police station?

Second what do i need? Birth certificate, photo id?

Third i only need to be 18 to get one...right?

Fourth how much do they cost.

ANd five whats the adress to the building i go to fill out my info for it? Im just going to look up directions on yahoo maps.

Thank you for you time and hopefully i will be one of the few who has the balls to support my second amendment rights.

Here's the drill. Go online and fill out the application form (this will save you a trip if they happen to be out of forms--hey, it's government, what do you expect?) Print it. Go to the bank and get a $75 money order and $50 in cash. Go to the City-Co bldg and get in line. Wait 10-12 weeks and you're good for life (assuming your record is clean).

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis

Go to your nearest Office Max. They have the right color pink paper. Sign the one you laminate. Four copies and one lamination will cost you around 2 bucks or less.

There are no water marks on the original so no problem making copies for safe keeping.

Last edited:

AverageMidwest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fishers
    I've wonder about that piece of paper they send you...no watermark, no seal, no nuthin'. When I got mine I expected something that would practically glow in the dark, and here's something that any high school kid could dummy up on a Macintosh in 15 minutes. Go figure.

Top Bottom