• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I know there are some folks on here that are quite knowledgable about hot sauces and such. A buddy of mine gave me a jar of something called "Crazy Jerry's Lizard Eyes". The label says they are habanero stuffed olives.

Any comments or opinions or should I just throw one in my mouth and chomp down. (You know I'm gonna do that anyway but I was just curious if anybody would try to warn me not to.)

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Before you eat it, you need to watch this video. I love eating hot peppers but this video scared me. I am still not sure if it is real.

YouTube - Guy Eating The Worlds Hottest Pepper Video

LOL, that was funny.

The last few seconds weren't real, but I'm sure the reaction in the first 3:15 was quite sincere.:laugh:

If he thinks he was in pain then, wait until that bad boy comes out the other end.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Try 'em before you toss them. That's the only way you'll know if they're any good. I like habaneros myself. And I love olives. Or you can wait till you have some buddies over for something and just toss 'em in a bowl and set them out.

muncie1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    the last few seconds of the video I wasn't sure about. Although if he was hurting that bad in his mouth , I am sure he was in even more pain when he went "#2" !!

sporty_live

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Brownsburg
    If you like your hot sauces hot, it isnt going to kill you. If you consider Tabasco too hot, you should probably stay away. I say go for it and enjoy!

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    Eat the habanero. It will be hot but it won't kill you if you're used to hot stuff. You'll squirm in your seat a bit but you should be fine. I've tried them raw a few times and made it through.

I wouldn't try the bhut jolokia like the guy in the video. The ghost pepper is too much for anyone.

muncie1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Remedy for overheat

I have used sugar and sugar water to cool down when I could take it. Also, choco;ate milk works. I have heard yougurt is good but haven't needed to use it.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I know there are some folks on here that are quite knowledgable about hot sauces and such. A buddy of mine gave me a jar of something called "Crazy Jerry's Lizard Eyes". The label says they are habanero stuffed olives.

Any comments or opinions or should I just throw one in my mouth and chomp down. (You know I'm gonna do that anyway but I was just curious if anybody would try to warn me not to.)

If you don't want them, I'll be happy to take them off your hands. I've eaten a piece of raw habanero before and it wasn't too rough. I would think that a habanero stuffed olive would be tasty, especially if washed down with cold beer.

Best,

Joe

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    My assessment: I'm not really into hot stuff and I did not find the habanero stuffed olive to be all that hot. The initial bite had mostly the salty olive taste. I chewed it up real good and let it get on my tongue but it only made a slow burn to the back of the my tongue. It's been two minutes now and the burn seems to be fading. :noway:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    oh hell your closer than I thought! I always thought you were in Dana.

I bet those things would be great!

Top Bottom