• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    When I was a young man I bought my first 10/22, probably about 1985. Well, unfortunately I sold it and would like to replace it. I am interested in how I would find one of similar vintage? Can you trace it by the serial number? This was a plain old would stock. Also, about how much should I look to spend on a stock one? Thanks for any assistance.

Shroom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2009
    Middletown, IN
    Just to add on this I have a old 10/22 with a S/N of 120-***** and it is not listed but was made in 1980. I guess anything over the 119-***** for 1980 was carried over to 120-***** but not put on the list for that year.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    gun shows

You should be able to find used 10/22s at just about any gun show. The bad news is that there were so many of them made, they have no collector value to speak of. Nonetheless, you'll probably pay more than new retail for a used one at the shows.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    You should be able to find used 10/22s at just about any gun show. The bad news is that there were so many of them made, they have no collector value to speak of. Nonetheless, you'll probably pay more than new retail for a used one at the shows.

With this caveat. Some of the 60's models have gotten a little pricey, the finger grooved, deluxe models, and the international model have developed some collector interest.

IMHO I would try to find a good used 70's-80's model rather than pay what they are asking for the new ones. They have went a bit downhill as of late. I am not saying they are not good guns. I am just saying they "ain't made like they used to be." Too much plastic.

I sold a 1970 in 98% here at the shop (standard model) that had a walnut stock, metal trigger assembley group, metal barrel band, and lyman marked rear sight. I sold it for $299 and it was here for 2 months. Everybody would say, "I can get a new one at Wal Mart for $220 otd." but IMHO the 10/22 with the above features was worth paying $80 extra. Just to see a standard 10/22 with a walnut stock was a delight. I even had a few folks say "That stock looks funny..Is it aftermarket?" I had not realized how long it had been since the standard model came in walnut. Come to find out they went to birch in 1972. I do know that the metal trigger groups alone are selling for right at $100 for guys that are wanting to upgrade their new 10/22's. If I get a takedown that is going to be the first thing I sawp out.

All of this is only my :twocents:

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    162   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Ebay

The finger groove stocks show up from time to time on Ebay. They are becoming pricey.
    I bought one about a year ago and the stock cost me $150 plus shipping.

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    I will keep looking for the one I had, 80's model. For me it is more of a personal thing, not looking for a collectors piece, just one like I used to have. If anyone has one mid 80's in good shape, please PM me.
    Thanks much for all the info.

Top Bottom