• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paulh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Evansville
    Went there the other day with my son n law and grandson to shoot. They have about 4 ranges at different yardage going from 25 yds to 200 yds. Any way to make a long story short the 25 yd range was all tied up with guys sighting in their rifles. I'm assuming thats what they were doing due to the stands they had their weapons fastened on.They were there a long time. We ended up on the 50 yd range with our pistols. Waste of ammo. My question is do they have rules up there about the shorter range being for pistols only?

randy68

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I used to shoot there but don't anymore. There aren't any so called rules except basic safety and common sense at that range as it is an unmanned range. The reason you state is one of the reasons I don't use it anymore. It is too hard to get a spot and some people are just plain inconsiderate. I shoot at home now.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Feel your pain, was there Friday, @ 9:00AM, the 25 was packed with 22lr guys. Went to 50 to confirm/play with AR w/red dot, then on to 100 for same. Hadn't heard any shots for a long time so packed up & moved down to 25, 1 lane had opened, the other 2 were just bs-ing. Seemed mostly related to guy trying out different 22lr types. Even after setting up, hanging targets, had to wait several more minutes (~30), before "range hot". Had day off, so no biggie, but felt bad for several cars that drove up, then away with disgusted looks.

I had 2 handguns I wanted to work with, just FYI.

Looking forward to RTBA's indoor range being complete.

Top Bottom