• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    Over the past month or so it seems like I have seen many new people with thread post anywhere from 5 to lets say 60.

Now I am always encouraged when we see people joining in on discussion.

But it seems many of these new people have had some pretty far out posts about how they have licences to carry but they feel unsure of their ability to carry. Either through low knowledge or even alluding to possible mental impairments and I keep thinking to myself it feels like a set up.

It just feels like at some point in the future someone is going to do a write up about how they spoke on our type of forums and they made questionable statements and nobody raised any alarms, didn't contact the authorities and so forth.

Now we know these type of write ups are not for us but for the uneducated public. I just tend to think there is a continual battle coming our way (I mean legal) in not just gun ownership, but in all areas of individual liberty. These next 4 years will be an interesting time in American History.

The left is not done and the coordinated effort they have taken on many different fronts are far from over.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I understand and share your concern, however I have seen generally very good responses by INGO members to those statements. Things along the line of:
    • yes it is a big responsibility
    • it does change how you interact wih others- avoiding escalations and bad situations
    • you become more observant of your environment
    • you can phase in carrying to get more comfortable with it
    • not everyone has to/should carry and maybe you should consider another option, like pepper spray
    • get training
    These are all very responsible and mature responses. In fact, due to the general level of politeness on this board, I've seen about every reasonable answer except: you are nuts and shouldn't even consider carrying.

If a "plant" is going to lie and say that nothing was said in response to disturbing statements, then there is nothing that we can do about it except respond after the fact. I haven't seen anything that rises to the "report to the authorities" level, though if that happened, I wouldn't necessarily know about it.

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I have wondered about that same issue, particurally ones where they say anti-gun statements just to start a flame war. :dunno:

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I am trying to remember..... when I first decided to carry, I approached it with great trepidation, mixed with excitement and curiosity. It was the extremly helpful attitude of folks on this forum, and of course, friends and family, which solidified my commitment to using this new tool for personal protection.
    I would hate to see that attitude of helpfulness diminished by fears of public ridicule by a jaded press. If our attitude on here stays in that helpful, knowledgible vein when we have new members with unorthodox opinions or thoughts on carry, how can any bad press be anything but demonstrable lies?
    I'm for doing what we do well and enjoying our newfound friends. :ingo:

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    I think that a lot of the reason you are seeing these types of post is because I think that a lot of people are starting to see the facts for the facts instead of being blind to the way things are. I think a lot of these people are new and uninformed when it comes to guns in general and were not raised around them, like a lot of us were. This is part of our educating people IMO. If people have genuine concerns then we should help them find the answers they are looking for to make educated decisions.

I mean after all since Obama has taken office the rise in gun sales has been at an historical high. That alone should tell you that a LOL of people that never had guns before do now. Those people need to be properly educated and I think the members here do a pretty good job of helping do that.:twocents:

On the same note I have seen a few "new posters" that stink of BATFE bait. Those are pretty obvious to see.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I have wondered about that same issue, particurally ones where they say anti-gun statements just to start a flame war. :dunno:

It's pretty clear to me what the intent is.
    1. Come to a pro 2nd site.
    2. Insert "guns suck" statement or the like.
    3. Profit

b1d3358d-0ea7-403f-b689-28a931eb9da7.gif

Eric70

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Covington
    The only way the left can further it's agenda is through lies, deceit and creating jealousy and hate between different groups of people. I am sure there are some deceivers on here. But I would hope that we can see them for what they are.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I doubt they'll get what they are looking for here. There are plenty of other boards out there that lack proper moderation for them to gather TONS of stuff from. That's why I am HERE, because you guys are great, responsible, knowledgeable, helpful, etc.
    When I bought my first handgun and got my MN permit to carry I didn't know much about it. I found this place and another, Olegs GRM. I asked a lot of questions and got mostly good answers and links to places that can give me factual info. Now I consider myself at the very least WELL informed. At first I had a lot of the same ridiculous stuff come out of my keyboard as a lot of other FNGs, but with proper guidance from YOU at INGO I was able to "sort" my attitude based upon facts and not hormones. Besides, what are they going to do, take our guns away with their computers and newspaper articles? I don't think so, the 2A is here to stay. NO MATTER WHAT happens as long as I draw breath we will have guns.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Over the past month or so it seems like I have seen many new people with thread post anywhere from 5 to lets say 60.

Now I am always encouraged when we see people joining in on discussion.

But it seems many of these new people have had some pretty far out posts about how they have licences to carry but they feel unsure of their ability to carry. Either through low knowledge or even alluding to possible mental impairments and I keep thinking to myself it feels like a set up.

It just feels like at some point in the future someone is going to do a write up about how they spoke on our type of forums and they made questionable statements and nobody raised any alarms, didn't contact the authorities and so forth.

Now we know these type of write ups are not for us but for the uneducated public. I just tend to think there is a continual battle coming our way (I mean legal) in not just gun ownership, but in all areas of individual liberty. These next 4 years will be an interesting time in American History.

The left is not done and the coordinated effort they have taken on many different fronts are far from over.

Part of what makes this forum so great, is the members, their knowledge, and their willingness to help the new folks along, to reach a comfort level.

I think for many that have carried for a long time, they may have forgotten what it is like to first start. I think most of us had fears at first.

I started carrying in June. And I have almost forgotten some of my doubts and fears. It seems completely natural now. But i do recall as a new member, the encouraging words, advice, and support i got from fellow members.

This forum just plain rocks. We shouldn't want to change much about it.

down3green

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Brown County

We'd all need to have FBI on speed dial if we wanted to report every lunatic posting on an internet forum.

It's too close to "See Something, Say Something" for me to get into that mindset.

Top Bottom