• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    so i got to thinking after reading the thread about how scary it can be when someone carries irresponsibly. currently i carry all my pieces in a fobus OWB holder. i think that for $25, they are not too bad. but i got to thinking about how some of you guys noted that we spend >$500 on a gun and then totally wuss out on the holster. so i took the plunge and ordered a galco belt holster for my taurus pt99. i figure if i like it, i will probably get one for my 1911(s).

now i just have to sit back and wait......stupid weekends.

anyone else use galco?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I've had literally hundreds of holsters over the years, and Galcos have been some of the best of the mass produced offerings. High quality to dollar ratio.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i've also heard good things about lobo's gunleather. however i'm exactly inclined to order from him since he was part of the group that got me banned from the S&W forum. lmao

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Here is a really good holster maker

I found this guy on the internet when I was looking for a holster for my Steyr M-A1 and Walthers P99c. I could not find a ready made leather holster for either of these guns and had this guy make custom ones for me that are really nice. I have photos on my album site in INGO if anyone is interested in seeing them. I believe both together were around $70, ($30 something each) and took about four to five weeks. I would recommend this place to anyone.

http://www.jmgholsters.com/default.htm

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I like the speed scabbards. Keep in mind there are many used, functional leather holsters on ebay that are not expensive.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Erik Little makes my 1911 and P6 holsters. They are about the same price as a nice Galco but made just for you. Please check him out at combatgunleather.com.

A hundred bucks plus shipping will get you a very high quality custom made holster.

Last edited:

SC_Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Bloomington
    I've got a few Galcos and love them - both IWB and OWB versions. They are not the cheapest and I'm not calling them the best, but I do like how they wear and the quality is hard to argue.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I'm not proud. I don't mind sticking a $700.00 gun in a $35.00 holster. I use Don Hume and BlackHawk Serpa most of the time. When I dress up I use a DeSantis Speed Scabbard. The Don Hume with thumb break is my favorite IWB holster.

Hanging Judge

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    I use High Noon Holsters. They are custom made, and the price is reasonable on them. You have to be willing to wait is the only problem. I have had alot of holsters and these are noticeably a better quality than the mass produced for about the same price.

gregstiff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Tucker

I have a Tucker Gunleather Silent Thunder IWB that I absolutely love. It is rugged, secure, and the customer service was great working with these guys.

AverageMidwest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fishers
    Heard great things about this holster - if I hadn't already spent money on Milt Sparks Summer Special II I'd order one in a heartbeat. That said, the Summer Special is a great IWB holster and a lot more comfy than the Don Hume I bought.

I have a Tucker Gunleather Silent Thunder IWB that I absolutely love. It is rugged, secure, and the customer service was great working with these guys.

Top Bottom