• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Somewhere some CIA dude is sitting at home watching the video on YouTube to the song he wrote during the Cold War and is crying to himself because he will never be able to tell the grandkids their nerdy grandpa was a lyricist for the CIA who wrote a hit for a heavy metal band and helped end the Cold War...

"I wrote a hit for the Scorpions!!!!!"

"sure you did grandpa...":)

I listened to the "winds of change" podcast about that -pretty crazy idea, but a pretty entertaining podcast.

https://crooked.com/podcast-series/wind-of-change/

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    There is a spectrum to this belief. The first thing is "randomness" is a difficult thing to define. From a mathematic and physics point of view, very little in the universe is random. The closest things would be Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle, and other states of quantum mechanics. Even chaos has a sort of structure to it. Even then, chaos is simply unpredictability, not randomness. I do believe that Grand Design exists, as our universe exists in an astronomically complicated system of cause and effect. When you get into the meat of the philosophical principles, a "random" universe is less likely than a universe of Grand Design. Many times it appears random, as our current viewpoint in 4-dimensional space is likely somewhat limited to the quote "30,000 foot view" of how everything works.

With that being said, some beliefs are borderline fantasy and ridiculous. Conspiracy theorists typically operate on seeing and detecting patterns, which by the way the ability to see patterns is actually theorized to be a trait of intelligence. However there is something called the Power of Suggestion, where you see shadows in sunlight because you WANT to see shadows. On top of this, when someone goes too far in the opposite direction, they can easily fall for anything. At this point, they can be co-opted relatively easily, very much like the Q-Anon phenomenon. Anyone believing in Q at this point better change their paradigm quick.

As for incompetence, as the saying goes: "Do not subscribe to nefariousness what can be simply described as incompetence", however that can be a double edged sword as there can be a fine line between incompetence and nefariousness. Not to get too political in the Break Room, but take Brandon and his administration (as well as most of the monkeys in congress). A lot of them are beyond incompetent (thinking islands can capsize, or eclipses are caused by CO2). However, I don't believe they got their on their own prowess and treasure. We have traitors who lobbied and and bankrolled them. There are megalomaniacs who at the very least are trying to control many facets of humanity. They wrote books about it and helped shaped world leaders currently in office.

My stance on this stuff is I typically keep an open mind, however have a healthy supply of cynicism. It's interesting to talk about, especially around a camp fire, however I almost always end up circling back to being more concerned about our personal lives and our personal relationships with our friends and family as well as The Lord.
    :wwub: .:laugh:

My S J Hawking meter just went off the scale!

:stickpoke:

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    .... Sure there are power brokers and dirty dealing (always has been), but it's all on a rather modest scale.

I don't disagree with your main point, but I don't consider the collusion of the last four or five years to be 'a modest scale'.

From the Clinton-inspired Trump/Russia hoax, to the Hunter Biden Burisma and laptop cover-ups, to the lawfare against Trump - all with the stark-naked collusion of the DOJ, FBI, CIA, social media giants, and slathering, disgusting MSM. Of course, the list is much longer than this.

It probably changed the course of history, and set the country on a bad path. Not what I call modest scale.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    For what it's worth...and I have no proof...only something my cousin told me...

Trump had been in for about two years....my little cousin is very left (much less so now), grew up in New England and was living in Portland Oregon.......we were talking and she said, "have you ever heard of something called Q?" and I told her I had...she said one of her lefty friends was part of it....I mean that was their job, they were paid to go on line, watch Trump, watch the news and then make connections and post about it...she didn't know who they worked for but it was not a "hobby"...it was a job....

as I said...for what it's worth....so from that moment on I just saw "QAnon" as a psyop....

IMHO and I have no proof other than a strange conversation I had with my cousin....she never said anything but I got the feeling it bothered her and may have even started her on her more right leaning journey...(that and becoming a mother lol...)

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Have him visit the Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial in Germany.
    It would probably change his mind.

When I visited the memorial (50 years ago), I had a camera, but took (0) photos.
    What I saw is still etched in my memories.
    I had a similar experience when I went to the museum in Hiroshima

Top Bottom