• ...and so much more!
  • MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    One of the most ridiculous things he mentioned was that he wouldn’t be surprised if Hitler was actually a good guy because most of history was a lie.

Have him visit the Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial in Germany.
    It would probably change his mind.

When I visited the memorial (50 years ago), I had a camera, but took (0) photos.
    What I saw is still etched in my memories.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I wonder if the Q-anon is just a blanket term for uhhhh.... bizaar thinkers, maybe those that stand for nothing, so they fall for anything?

Fueling the fire...
    When the left/news gets to talking conspiracy theories, they have so corrupted the phrase that it means nothing. Your average "conspiracy theory" about American politics turns into the truth in a couple years? Russian stuff, all the Biden stuff, Climate change, EV's, etc, etc, etc...

:dunno:

Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Let me start by saying that I’m not a “Q” follower. I work with two guys that are big time Q followers. They are brothers and I’ve known them for about 11 years. For the past 4 or 5 years it’s totally consumed their lives, about like alcohol or drugs do. They believe some crazy ideas and when someone doesn’t agree with them or question them they get angry. It’s actually gotten bad enough it’s affected their jobs. Anyone here work with or know someone like this? I’m afraid that one day it’s going to send them off the edge.
    I've not seen Que around for a long time. Where is he?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Have him visit the Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial in Germany.
    It would probably change his mind.

When I visited the memorial (50 years ago), I had a camera, but took (0) photos.
    What I saw is still etched in my memories.
    I went to a ghetto in Czechia - wow. I did take lots of photos. I can't believe anyone could walk away from that and think it was all made up.

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    I dealt with many when I worked out West. I know they’re around here too but thankfully I’ve been able to avoid them. I would hate to have it at work. I don’t care if we could be life partners with how much we have in common, shut up and work when at work and get home asap.

But anyway yes, dealt with many in a professional manner unfortunately. That was tiring. One thing that they aren’t paranoid about is using public land as their private land. Mostly because they have no other choice. Out there they were very entitled. I felt they were more obsessed with knowing things other people didn’t and basing an identity around that, than actually proving or proper research of their claims.

Reminds me of a comedian special I just watched. I’ll link it below. “The clues” :laugh6:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I just saw a YouTube the other day that was saying Jim Morrison was a CIA operative!
    1720445649194.png1720445506744.png

"Okay so here's the deal son...I am going to get us into Vietnam at Tonkin Bay but hey!!! Guess what??? The boys at Langley said you get to provide the soundtrack to the war...that's right...you'll be a pop star!!! I mean how else is a little nerd like you ever gonna get laid...now c'mon son...help big daddy light this fire....."

:)

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I just saw a YouTube the other day that was saying Jim Morrison was a CIA operative!

That's crazy!!! The next thing you'll be telling me is that the founder of IRS Records, Miles Copeland, Frontier Booking International (FBI Booking) concert promotor Ian Copeland and drummer and founding member of the Police Stewart Copeland are all brothers and that their dad was a spy and cofounder of the CIA!!!! Because that would be CRAZY!!!! lol....

Inconceivable!!!! I mean the reason Sting did those concerts in the 80s to save the rainforest had nothing to do with stopping communism from getting a foothold in Latin America.....I mean...right??? I mean Sting was really curious when he asked, "do the Russians love their children too?" and "I don't want to live the rest of my life...looking down the barrel of an Armalite...I don't really want to play the part...of a statistic on a government chart...."

What if...and I am just spit balling here....What if the CIA IS the "Invisible Sun"? :)

Oh I will go down a rabbit hole ese lol.....

1720448419230.png

1720447784162.png

1720447716412.png
    1720447629020.png

1720448335928.png

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    There are people, a lot more than you think, who, consciously or subconsciously have a NEED to believe that that there is no such thing as random, no such thing as pretending to know things to avoid looking incompetent and no such thing as having no grand plan.

They would rather believe that some deep, dark evil is "in charge" than to believe that no one is in charge.

It doesn't all fit together from ancient times to the future because no one has the vast intellect and power to make any sort of consistent plan and carry it out.

Most things government are exactly what they seem to be on the surface- power hungry incompetents who may be ideologues (often not), who are wholly unable to do anything in secret let alone accomplish any grand goals. What they do accomplish is incremental and out there for everyone to see.

Sure there are clandestine operatives (always have been). Sure there are power brokers and dirty dealing (always has been), but it's all on a rather modest scale.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Somewhere some CIA dude is sitting at home watching the video on YouTube to the song he wrote during the Cold War and is crying to himself because he will never be able to tell the grandkids their nerdy grandpa was a lyricist for the CIA who wrote a hit for a heavy metal band and helped end the Cold War...

"I wrote a hit for the Scorpions!!!!!"

"sure you did grandpa...":)

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    There are people, a lot more than you think, who, consciously or subconsciously have a NEED to believe that that there is no such thing as random, no such thing as pretending to know things to avoid looking incompetent and no such thing as having no grand plan.

They would rather believe that some deep, dark evil is "in charge" than to believe that no one is in charge.

It doesn't all fit together from ancient times to the future because no one has the vast intellect and power to make any sort of consistent plan and carry it out.

Most things government are exactly what they seem to be on the surface- power hungry incompetents who may be ideologues (often not), who are wholly unable to do anything in secret let alone accomplish any grand goals. What they do accomplish is incremental and out there for everyone to see.

Sure there are clandestine operatives (always have been). Sure there are power brokers and dirty dealing (always has been), but it's all on a rather modest scale.
    Well sure, that's what they want you to think. :shady:

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Somewhere some CIA dude is sitting at home watching the video on YouTube to the song he wrote during the Cold War and is crying to himself because he will never be able to tell the grandkids their nerdy grandpa was a lyricist for the CIA who wrote a hit for a heavy metal band and helped end the Cold War...

"I wrote a hit for the Scorpions!!!!!"

"sure you did grandpa...":)

Ok, I guess I'm under informed.... who wrote a hit for the Scorpions? Who was Jim Morrison's connection to the CIA? What is Stuart Copeland's connection?

ZurokSlayer7X9

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI

There is a spectrum to this belief. The first thing is "randomness" is a difficult thing to define. From a mathematic and physics point of view, very little in the universe is random. The closest things would be Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle, and other states of quantum mechanics. Even chaos has a sort of structure to it. Even then, chaos is simply unpredictability, not randomness. I do believe that Grand Design exists, as our universe exists in an astronomically complicated system of cause and effect. When you get into the meat of the philosophical principles, a "random" universe is less likely than a universe of Grand Design. Many times it appears random, as our current viewpoint in 4-dimensional space is likely somewhat limited to the quote "30,000 foot view" of how everything works.

With that being said, some beliefs are borderline fantasy and ridiculous. Conspiracy theorists typically operate on seeing and detecting patterns, which by the way the ability to see patterns is actually theorized to be a trait of intelligence. However there is something called the Power of Suggestion, where you see shadows in sunlight because you WANT to see shadows. On top of this, when someone goes too far in the opposite direction, they can easily fall for anything. At this point, they can be co-opted relatively easily, very much like the Q-Anon phenomenon. Anyone believing in Q at this point better change their paradigm quick.

As for incompetence, as the saying goes: "Do not subscribe to nefariousness what can be simply described as incompetence", however that can be a double edged sword as there can be a fine line between incompetence and nefariousness. Not to get too political in the Break Room, but take Brandon and his administration (as well as most of the monkeys in congress). A lot of them are beyond incompetent (thinking islands can capsize, or eclipses are caused by CO2). However, I don't believe they got their on their own prowess and treasure. We have traitors who lobbied and and bankrolled them. There are megalomaniacs who at the very least are trying to control many facets of humanity. They wrote books about it and helped shaped world leaders currently in office.

My stance on this stuff is I typically keep an open mind, however have a healthy supply of cynicism. It's interesting to talk about, especially around a camp fire, however I almost always end up circling back to being more concerned about our personal lives and our personal relationships with our friends and family as well as The Lord.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Ok, I guess I'm under informed.... who wrote a hit for the Scorpions? Who was Jim Morrison's connection to the CIA? What is Stuart Copeland's connection?

The shop has only been closed a year and already my conspiracy theories are dying....lol.....

It has been opined that some of the music during the Cold War, i.e. Winds of Change were coined and promoted by the CIA....

Jim Morrison's father was the admiral in charge during the Tonkin Bay incident...which got us into Vietnam...

Stewart Copeland's father was cofounder of the OSS, which became the CIA...all three of his sons were pioneers in the New Wave rock scene...number one record label, number one concert promotor, and drummer in the number one band...

Amazing that the co founder of the CIA son's would be so involved in the music industry....

Last edited:
    Top Bottom