PWS's new enhanced buffer tube.... $150-200 !?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    If you have disposable income probably a neat item to have and a conversation point for enthusiasts. It's not necessary, so I would rank it with things like NiB bcg's, enhanced triggers, and the like. I'd like to get one but at that price point I will be waiting for a while.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I've played with a buddies on his 9MM SBR. Very cool item, but definitely not a necessity.

^ BTW, I'm a huge fan of nickel boron coated bcg's. I've been running one in my 10.5" SBR, and I'm not kidding when I say it will run on anything. We had a shooter type outing among friends last summer, and someone brought a sacrificial case of some sort of cheap ass steel cased ammo. Out of the dozen or so AR's in attendance, it was the only one that ran 100% on it.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    Oh, I am not knocking any of those things, my hopefully soon to be built SBR will have a NiB Bcg and a Geissele trigger. If I was a little more well to do I might have been keen on a tube like this. I do question their decision to include sling attachment points instead of letting the user select their own, but if they're of good quality it probably makes minimal difference.

JAW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2013
    Spencerville
    I got mine for $100. The way I justified it in my head was if I wanted to add a swivel sling attachment, which I did, then that was one thing I wouldn't have to buy if I went with the PWS. To add the sling attachment would have run me about $50-60 anyway, If you can find them instock.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    The guys at PWS are cool, it's expensive for a tube but they're well built and a cool design.

I like running a LWRC sling attachment on my AR, with getting their tube it eliminates the need for that plate plus the no castle nut and end plate locking is a really slick set up. Plus extending the tube on the bottom to fully support the carrier was a nice touch.

It's expensive yes, but I'm planning on putting one on my AR pistol when the time comes. But it'll match the PWS CQB comp that's going to go on there too. And that thing is a TANK

INgunowner

ARC Solutions
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 3, 2012
    Henry County
    I own one and will be the first to recommend the purchase of any PWS product, while I am a PWS Kool-aid chugging fanboy I can say that like the majority of "Tier 1 novelty products" being sold it does serve a purpose and is a very high quality part. Yes a milspec buffer tube will get the job done, No the PWS EBT does not cure ED and reverse male pattern baldness. It does however deliver a rock solid connection for your QD swivel equipped sling and the closest tolerance I have ever experienced on an AR. (Disclaimer: I am using a LMT SOPMOD Gen2 with my PWS EBT and the fit and finish of these products is hard to capture in words, this particular combo feels as solid as a fixed stock with a cheek weld that is second to none. Just my .02 YMMV)

Top Bottom