• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    hey guys i was wondering if anyone could recommend a light weight portable pump for sucking gas out of other vehicles or out of storage tanks

thanks

jake

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    BASTARDS! They stole my idea. Only mine is 10 times better and the original one is now 14 years old.

Buy a marine grade gas line squeeze bulb and stainless steel hose clamps. Go to Lowes and buy the appropriate size and length clear tubing. It does not need to be gasoline grade, but it does help if it is clear. My original purpose was to transfer fuel from a 5 gallon can on a boat dock to a boat tied to the dock and rocking in waves. Rural area, had to haul the gas to the boat and did not want to spill any in the lake. The boat tank had a tendency to get vapor locked when filling too. My set up worked like a charm.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Sorry, vehciles. It is a check valve device that also keeps fuel in the tank in case of an accident but it restricts you from putting a garden hose in the tank, you would just have to see one, I will try and find a picture of one.

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    did some hunting on my own. Looks like a glorified strainer :).

good to know though. My truck holds quite a bit of fuel, and it would be nice to access in an emergency.. guess I won't, unless I don't want the truck any more.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    did some hunting on my own. Looks like a glorified strainer :).

good to know though. My truck holds quite a bit of fuel, and it would be nice to access in an emergency.. guess I won't, unless I don't want the truck any more.
    In my Blazer there is a plastic ball inside the fill tube where it meets the tank. When you put gasoline in, the ball floats up allowing the tank to fill. Once the flow of gasoline stops, the ball falls back into place and seats there preventing one from putting a hose into the tank....

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    My girlfriend... wears pumps, lightweight, portable, and burns through.... oh wait..... nevermind

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    man all those zombie books that talk about taking gas out of abandoned vehicles so easily lie................. i'm devastated :)

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    As I stated, each tank is different, go to a salvage yard to see what is what. Or poke a hole in the tank.. Harder then you think, especially since alot of the tanks these days are plastic.. Might want to consider an item like this to put the hole in the tank..

image_16077.jpg

T-Handle Reamer

Top Bottom