• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mwmroll

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I just got back from getting gas when I was pulled over by Fishers PD. Odd. I didn't do anything wrong. I hand the officer my license and permit. He asked if there was a gun in the vehicle and i responded that i was oc my M&P on my right hip. Did the whole ordeal, put my hands on wheel, undid seat belt with left hand, stepped out with fingers on head and interlaced. He disarmed me and took my a knife out of my pocket then sat me down on the curb. I asked what the stop was for and the officer said they ran my plates and apparently it popped up as wanted for armed robbery in Virginia. Now wtf I thought. He ran my permit and license and asked what I did for a living. I said i work private security pt time and I'm an student at IUPUI studying criminal justice. After some small talk about law enforcement and the national guard, his partner placed my unloaded firearm in the glovebox, handed my the round that was in the chamber, and set me on my way. They thanked my for my participation. Have to say it was a very odd ordeal and he 'forgot' to give me my Gerber back. ****, I liked that knife.

Murzor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2012
    Armed robbery in Virginia...yep, sounds about right! I cant stand it when I work with other officers who like to do this.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Considering the circumstances, I think the disarming was proper. Also, it's not a permit...but a license. And you do not have to hand over the license until asked AND respond with "nothing illegal" if questioning continues.

Buuuuut, as it was a mixed up ID I would say that they were g2g with disarming.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Armed robbery in Virginia? That's a new one.

So, how did they figure out that you didn't actually do the robbery in Virginia?

mwmroll

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Weird that your plate showed up as an armed robbery. Did you ask anything about it?

Not at all. I just said damn, i don't know anything about that. Then he asked what i did for a living. Generally speaking everything went without issue. They didn't have any issue with me carrying but still, where do they get this armed robbery from. Maybe I was being profiled with my beat up Malibu driving around up-scale Fishers, ha.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Something smells like BS here, I'm just not sure what.

The officer thought you were an armed fugitive from Virginia, yet when he approached he asked for license and registration? :dunno:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Considering the circumstances, I think the disarming was proper. Also, it's not a permit...but a license. And you do not have to hand over the license until asked AND respond with "nothing illegal" if questioning continues.

Buuuuut, as it was a mixed up ID I would say that they were g2g with disarming.

This crap again? :rolleyes:

mwmroll

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Something smells like BS here, I'm just not sure what.

The officer thought you were an armed fugitive from Virginia, yet when he approached he asked for license and registration? :dunno:

He approached and just asked for an ID. I handed him my ID and carry license. I only asked what I was pulled over for after he had me sit on the curb.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Contact FPD and inform them that the officer forgot to return your Gerber knife.

Top Bottom