• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vz. 61

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Public roads aren't just a waste of stolen money, they're also a soapbox for obnoxious displays of hatred.

23u25ba.jpg

How public land enables injustice

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Well, those same public areas allow protests of ALL kinds, those we agree with and those we do not. We do not get to pick and choose the message allowed. We may despise (and I do these particular protesters) the message but content alone is not enough to void their right to convey it. If people stopped paying attention to them, they would go away, like a spoiled brat kid.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I'd be happy to see someone just beat their asses. sure they have freedom of speech and should, but sometimes you just gotta throw down. are they really willing to stand for what they believe if they are afraid of a smack down? id say no.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I'd be happy to see someone just beat their asses. sure they have freedom of speech and should, but sometimes you just gotta throw down. are they really willing to stand for what they believe if they are afraid of a smack down? id say no.

That's not the question. I suspect that their true intention is to take such a beating then sue you blind. So the question is more to you - would it be worth it to you to pay for delivering that deserved beat down for the rest of your life? I don't disagree that they deserve it. I'll confess that there's times I'd like to do it myself. That said, due to their inherent right to free speech + my lack of desire to enrich the pathetic rolling freakshow, I choose NOT to issue that beat down - in spite of what I might WANT to do.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.

And if you did you'd just give them all the more publicity and they'd essentially own you. They win on all counts, you lose. Then you have no more freedom of speech and they can still spout their crap.

vz. 61

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    In a fully capitalist society there is no need for dealing ass-kickings, the owner of the land can simply call the police to do it for them.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    well come on guys, its not like im saying that person delivering the beating should just stand there and be arrested.

also, im not saying I personally would do anything. we are just hypothesizing here.

if I ever have or did do something to someone burning our flag or holding one of those signs, I surely wouldnt brag about it or admit to it on a public forum.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Well, if they weren't public, we'd all have to pay to use them. And you'd be *****ing about that.

Not a big fan of much the government takes control over, but roads aren't something I'm going to be initiating a letter-writing campaign for either.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    I read an interesting story about the Westboro Bunch recently. Apparently, they call ahead to the local law enforcement and make sure there will be "security" for them. They were planning a protest in a small town. From the way the story described it, there was only one road that led into and out of town. The CLEO said there would be officers at their protest. However, he informed them that he couldn't guarantee their safety coming into town or leaving town. He also informed them there was only one road into town. They decided not to protest in this particular town.

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    I read an interesting story about the Westboro Bunch recently. Apparently, they call ahead to the local law enforcement and make sure there will be "security" for them. They were planning a protest in a small town. From the way the story described it, there was only one road that led into and out of town. The CLEO said there would be officers at their protest. However, he informed them that he couldn't guarantee their safety coming into town or leaving town. He also informed them there was only one road into town. They decided not to protest in this particular town.

Lol I'd love to see them prostest in my town. Its sort of like a redneck Vegas. "what happens in New Ross....stays in New Ross"

It would not turn out for the best for them:xmad:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

Well, there's no question she has a right to be there, but how could that **** sit there, hold that sign and feel good about herself?

I certainly won't pray for it, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't get a chuckle out of reading an article about her catching on fire and burning to death.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    My son-in-law is serving our country in the United States Air Force, while driving through Kansas two weeks ago, My daughter saw some of those scumbags, and yelled at them that she hopes they burn in Hell.....I second the motion, and move to close the vote!!

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    Public roads aren't just a waste of stolen money, they're also a soapbox for obnoxious displays of hatred.

23u25ba.jpg

You would never have seen such sign in WW2, Korea or even Vietnam. Sad to see that this is what some part of society sees as beign right. I myself would have to agree with Estranger375, some people should just beat their a$$es. I firmly believe that day will come.

Top Bottom