• ...and so much more!
  • theboss365

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    PLYMOUTH
    alright, I'm a Taurus fan and I got a pt99 awile back from a fellow ingo member. This gun shoots great, but you tend to hear alot more about the pt92 and how great it is. That being said I have 3 questions.

1. What is the difference? The only thing I can see different is the 99 has adjustable sights

2. If sights are the only difference why would I not want adjustable sights?

3. Why do the 99's seem to be cheaper used?

Just so everybody knows I already know it's not a Beretta, but for the price I don't think it can be beat.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    The only difference is the sights and I never cared much for the 99 since the adjustable sights a little flimsy for me. I have seen some sight retainer pins work themselves out. Either model is a great value though.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    alright, I'm a Taurus fan and I got a pt99 awile back from a fellow ingo member. This gun shoots great, but you tend to hear alot more about the pt92 and how great it is. That being said I have 3 questions.

1. What is the difference? The only thing I can see different is the 99 has adjustable sights

2. If sights are the only difference why would I not want adjustable sights?

3. Why do the 99's seem to be cheaper used?

Just so everybody knows I already know it's not a Beretta, but for the price I don't think it can be beat.

1. As already mentioned, the sights are the only difference. Not only is the rear sight adjustable, the front sight is taller.

2. Adjustable sights are by their nature generally more fragile than fixed sights, and most folks prefer the simple ruggedness of fixed sights on a combat handgun. You'll note that adjustable sights are a rarity on other combat handguns, also. XD, Glock, M&P, 92FS, 1911s, etc., all come with fixed sights for carry gun versions. Adjustable sights are available aftermarket or from the factory, but these are generally on guns intended for competition.

3. I think you are finding 99s cheaper because they are usually older guns. There just aren't as many new ones sold as the 92s. Seem #2.

I prefer the 99, personally. I've had a couple over the years, and the sights held up to plenty of abuse. Aside from the advantages of adjustable sights, the higher front sight is much easier to see, IMHO.

The PT92/99s are, IMHO, every bit as good a gun as the Beretta's, and the safety system is better. They aren't nearly as smooth as the Beretta's, though.

shotgun131313

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Jul 29, 2008
    Clark county
    the pt99 is a awsome gun.some think the adj.sights are easy to bump out of alignment but mine have never bumped out.i do like the ones without rails.its easier to find a holster for them.

Top Bottom