PSA, BCM, DD, ETC... My First AR-15 Build.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Springer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.6%
    69   1   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Shelbyville
    Great looking rifle man, makes me really excited for my parts to get here next week. Do you mind telling me were you picked up your Troy sight for $79

shavedforbattle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Great looking rifle man, makes me really excited for my parts to get here next week. Do you mind telling me were you picked up your Troy sight for $79

It was Primary Arms. It was a one day sale. I posted it here and a few people were able to take advantage of the sale before it was gone. Keep an eye out at the Primary Arms website for other great deals. Also Valhalla Tactical Supply has a really good price on them as well.

shavedforbattle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Is VTS a good company to buy from? Haven't heard of them before but do notice their prices are way below other places.

I was skeptical at first, too. A buddy of mine just put in a pretty decent sized order with them. It shipped fast and there were no problems with the order. I inspected everything he bought. It was all good to go. So as far as I'm concerned they can be trusted.

Springer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.6%
    69   1   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Shelbyville
    Is VTS a good company to buy from? Haven't heard of them before but do notice their prices are way below other places.

I did some research on them and from what I can find they are good to go, I will know soon because I am about to place an order with them for a few parts.

Brando

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I was skeptical at first, too. A buddy of mine just put in a pretty decent sized order with them. It shipped fast and there were no problems with the order. I inspected everything he bought. It was all good to go. So as far as I'm concerned they can be trusted.

I did some research on them and from what I can find they are good to go, I will know soon because I am about to place an order with them for a few parts.

Thanks for your answers guys. I'll have to try them out real soon.

shavedforbattle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Ok, so I just got back from a night shoot at the range. Had a great time. Me and my buddy Josh took my AR and a few of his rifles out and shot a few hundred rounds. I took my digital camera but the batteries died before I could get any pics, so I had to resort to my cell phone. Sorry for the crappy pics. They will be better next time. But anyway, here is a couple shots:

Me with my AR:
    026.jpg

Me with Josh's CETME:
    028.jpg

Me with Josh's AK:
    029.jpg

Josh with his CETME:
    034.jpg

Sorry for the pic quality. Better than nothing I guess.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Have you decided on the optic yet? When I get around to building the dissipator (need to buy books, write a check for my SBR stamp, and, put some $$ in the bank before spending the rest of my pell grant money), I'm thinking Aimpoint or Primary Arms Aimpoint close with a 3x magnifier on the swing or flip to the side mounts. Maybe the Vortex Sparc with a similar magnifier setup.

shavedforbattle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Have you decided on the optic yet? When I get around to building the dissipator (need to buy books, write a check for my SBR stamp, and, put some $$ in the bank before spending the rest of my pell grant money), I'm thinking Aimpoint or Primary Arms Aimpoint close with a 3x magnifier on the swing or flip to the side mounts. Maybe the Vortex Sparc with a similar magnifier setup.

I'm actually leaning towards an EOTech. I really like red dots, but all my friends have them, so it makes me want an EOTech even more. I recently had the opportunity to shoot using the Vortex Strikefire and for the price that is a hell of a sight. So if I end up getting a red dot, it will probably be that one. Guess we'll have to see how much tax money I'm working with this year. I already have a revolver picked out that I'm gonna pick up first.

Top Bottom