• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Where were these people the past years Hamas launched rockets into Israel? Where were they when I was in Sderot, Israel 2 hours after rockets hit a school last year? Some of the comments on this one are particularly annoying too :chillout:

HeraldTimesOnline.com

Protesters rally against Gaza violence
    By Mercedes Rodriguez 331-4370 | mrodriguez@heraldt.com
    January 4, 2009

lg.php

As Israeli forces were beginning their ground attacks on the Gaza Strip, some members of the Bloomington community took to the streets twice Saturday to speak out against the bloodshed in the Mideast.
    The crowd, numbering roughly 30, first assembled at noon at the Monroe County Courthouse square. Organizer James Cooper, with Indiana Students Against War, said the issue is of importance to everyone because the ongoing conflict between Israel and the Palestinians is interconnected with other violence in the Middle East and there’s the “potential for a large amount of people to die there, especially if there is a ground incursion,” he said.
    Many sought to raise awareness of the problems Palestinians face.
    The protesters stood holding signs, including some reading “Free Gaza,” “Where’s Obama?” and “No U.S. support for ethnic cleansing.”
    Raja Hanania, a Bloomington resident since 1994, stood facing Walnut Street. He held up a sign in Arabic. It said “No to occupation. Free Palestine.”
    “I feel sorry for my people there,” he said. Hanania said he lived in the Palestinian territories for 18 years. There, Hanania said, he was a “second-class citizen” in his own birthplace. “Unfortunately, the U.S. government is only looking at one side of the story,” he said.
    Past congressional candidate Gretchen Clearwater was at the protest. She said she believes the U.S. has direct influence over the events there.
    “No life is less valuable than another. It’s up to us. We have to step up and really, honestly broker peace.”
    Bloomington High School North student Sami Haddad was on hand with members of his family, including a number of cousins, also in high school. “When it comes down to it, someone is going to have to learn to turn the other cheek,” he said of the conflict. The teens said they had trouble raising awareness of these issues among their peers.
    “When I told a bunch of friends that I was going to protest against the war in Gaza, some of them were like, ‘What’s Gaza?’” said their friend Maha Elsarrag.
    Cars honked at the crowd. They chanted together. After about an hour on the square, they marched down the sidewalk to the Sample Gates. A passer-by yelled at the group and extended his middle finger. Protester Dave Stewart spoke to the man for a few minutes.
    “I’m too old to hear someone with a cross on him yelling hate without asking him what’s going on,” he said.
    A smaller group, about a dozen, gathered in the rain at 5 p.m.
    Previously, Cooper had announced there would be another protest if and when a ground offensive occurred.
    He said he never thought it would happen so quickly. E-mails were sent to get the word of a second gathering out.
    “With this incursion going on, it’s hard for me to sit still,” he said.

p-d7lF3GPNXy2Fw.gif

NewsShooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Indianapolis
    i feel empathy for the civilians getting caught in the middle of this conflict.

although, im not sure what Israel is supposed to do when Hamas and their forces are hiding amongst their own people that they claim to be protecting and fighting for.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    In most situations, I would too, but all interviews I have seen with Palestinians in Gaza place all blame on Israel, and absolutely zero on Hamas.

NewsShooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Indianapolis
    i chalk that up just to their own subjectivity. they see only the damage to the innocent and arent factoring in what caused the retaliation from Israel.

that and alot of the time, people tend to find any reason to be outraged over something.

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    It is unbelievable, Hamas has launched 5500 rockets at Israel from the Gaza Strip since Israel turned over the Gaza strip to the Palistinians. How would America respond if Mexico or Canada fired 5 rockets into American soil? This one sided news reporting is making me sick. 5500 rockets launched at them!

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    It is unbelievable, Hamas has launched 5500 rockets at Israel from the Gaza Strip since Israel turned over the Gaza strip to the Palistinians. How would America respond if Mexico or Canada fired 5 rockets into American soil? This one sided news reporting is making me sick. 5500 rockets launched at them!

YES!!!

Remember that cease-fire they had? Remember how Hamas gloated they would continue to smuggle in as many rockets as they want? Remember how Hamas STILL fired rockets into Israel during the "cease-fire"?

NewsShooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Indianapolis
    if i remember right - Hamas doesnt even recognize the nation of israel. and their sole policy regarding the state of israel is to completely destroy them.

along with the EU, a slew of countries classify hamas as a terroritst regime/group - so its amazing to me that anyone would condemn the actions of a free nation whose only purpose is to defend their own citizens.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If it were possible for scumbag organizations like Hamas and Hezballah to eradicate Israel, the a lot of the people who are protesting the war and violence wouldn't be protesting. They should admit they hate Israel and their real agenda is not that far from the agenda of Hamas and similar groups of scum.

Of course, the same people hate America as well.

right winger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Hymera
    If it were possible for scumbag organizations like Hamas and Hezballah to eradicate Israel, the a lot of the people who are protesting the war and violence wouldn't be protesting. They should admit they hate Israel and their real agenda is not that far from the agenda of Hamas and similar groups of scum.

Of course, the same people hate America as well.

:+1:You are 100% right.Repd.

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Where were these people the past years Hamas launched rockets into Israel?

Yeah huh? douche bags...:rolleyes:

Hopefully Israel keeps it going till the job is done... but I'm sure the messiah will end it and bring peace to all.:laugh:

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    On a related note, I strongly recommend reading the book You Don't Have to be Wrong for Me to be Right by Brad Hirschfield (Amazon.com: You Don't Have to Be Wrong for Me to Be Right: Finding Faith Without Fanaticism: Brad Hirschfield: Books)

It's an excellent book that reminds us that the "other side" has their own perspective, and that while the two opinions don't necessarily agree, they don't always necessarily disagree, either.

The book was written by a Rabbi who spent several years in Israel/Palestine working for the Israeli side before a particular event opened his eyes that fanaticism in any direction is usually not a good direction.

I have a feeling that this war will go on for several millenniums.

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Its typical MSM repoting. All about HAMAS and the poor Palestinian civillians who don't have the onions to kick the terrorists out of their lands and continue to let them launch attacks into Israel and even aid them in their attempts, and nothing about the countless Israeli civilians who have been killed over he last X amount of years.

Sick...

SigSense

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Louisville, KY
    I do a bit of public speaking (mainly on military subjects), and I open the floor up for questions at the end of my presentations. I ALWAYS use analogies with these types of people (because they cannot handle personal situations). The last time Israel did this, I had a lady ask me what I thought of the "Israeli Aggression" in Gaza. I took a deep breath and said "Well, where do you live Ma'am?" and she replied "I live in Cleveland." So I continued with "Do you like living in Cleveland, I mean you feel safe there?" She replied that she did and in-fact had lived there her whole life. Gaining her trust further, I then asked if she was married and had any children. She remarked that she was married with three children and that one son was a senior at Ohio State, something she was very proud of. I acknowledged this and asked if her family often got together for the holidays. She said that they did.......and that's when I asked "Imagine that you and your family are gathered in Cleveland for Thanksgiving, and your son from Ohio State is visiting. It's a beautiful, calm November afternoon, the Turkey and Ham almost done. Oh your special recipe stuffing is smelling real good. Your husband and son decide to go out on the deck and have a beer while the Ohio State game is on. Suddenly a loud whoooosh is heard followed by an awesome explosion. The house shakes and the windows all burst. You hit the floor in fear. Ma'am, you then go outside and find your husband and son dead (in pieces) on the former back deck.....killed by a missile fired from Kentucky, over the Ohio River."

"It turns out that over 100 people in Cleveland were killed that day from these missiles."

Then I waited a few seconds for her to ponder. Then said....

"Can you honestly tell me in front of all of these people Ma'am, that you would NOT want to have the persons responsible killed?"

To her credit, she took a deep breath and said "I guess I NEVER thought about it like that." To which I replied "Maybe you should."

It's very easy for people in this country to "Monday Morning Quarterback" about Israel and other parts of the world, while sipping latte's and getting Taco Bell via a drive thru. They are not in danger, for they are ignorant. You make it PERSONAL to liberals, and they crumble (if they are honest with you....which is NOT often). Their agendas crumble. Analogies work for me.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I do a bit of public speaking (mainly on military subjects), and I open the floor up for questions at the end of my presentations. I ALWAYS use analogies with these types of people (because they cannot handle personal situations). The last time Israel did this, I had a lady ask me what I thought of the "Israeli Aggression" in Gaza. I took a deep breath and said "Well, where do you live Ma'am?" and she replied "I live in Cleveland." So I continued with "Do you like living in Cleveland, I mean you feel safe there?" She replied that she did and in-fact had lived there her whole life. Gaining her trust further, I then asked if she was married and had any children. She remarked that she was married with three children and that one son was a senior at Ohio State, something she was very proud of. I acknowledged this and asked if her family often got together for the holidays. She said that they did.......and that's when I asked "Imagine that you and your family are gathered in Cleveland for Thanksgiving, and your son from Ohio State is visiting. It's a beautiful, calm November afternoon, the Turkey and Ham almost done. Oh your special recipe stuffing is smelling real good. Your husband and son decide to go out on the deck and have a beer while the Ohio State game is on. Suddenly a loud whoooosh is heard followed by an awesome explosion. The house shakes and the windows all burst. You hit the floor in fear. Ma'am, you then go outside and find your husband and son dead (in pieces) on the former back deck.....killed by a missile fired from Kentucky, over the Ohio River."

"It turns out that over 100 people in Cleveland were killed that day from these missiles."

Then I waited a few seconds for her to ponder. Then said....

"Can you honestly tell me in front of all of these people Ma'am, that you would NOT want to have the persons responsible killed?"

To her credit, she took a deep breath and said "I guess I NEVER thought about it like that." To which I replied "Maybe you should."

It's very easy for people in this country to "Monday Morning Quarterback" about Israel and other parts of the world, while sipping latte's and getting Taco Bell via a drive thru. They are not in danger, for they are ignorant. You make it PERSONAL to liberals, and they crumble (if they are honest with you....which is NOT often). Their agendas crumble. Analogies work for me.

:+1:repped

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Israel is one of the most dangerous places on earth. Everyone around them wants them wiped off the earth.

It's not hard to understand why they are trying to eradicate Hamas. The problem is that this is a never-ending cycle of violence. Because of the tactics of Hamas, namely hiding behind civilians, and the crowded nature of the Gaza strip, there will continue to be copious amounts of civilian casualties. These casualties will ensure that generation after generation of Palestinian (and many others in the Middle East) will grow up hating Israel.

And, almost the entire Muslim world lumps Israel together with the United States.

I don't expect there will be peace in this conflict prone area for many lifetimes.

Top Bottom