Proposed Massachusetts Bill Would Reduce Inmates' Sentences in Exchange For Organs

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    In theory, I would be willing to consider the idea with numerous caveats.

...but this isn't going anywhere. Transplant physicians (in the U.S.) won't do the surgeries because UNOS/OPTN would never approve it. There has been 50+ years of debate about allowing donors to be paid and it still is not generally accepted. This concept has many, many more problems than payment.

This is fraught with medical-ethical issues. Maybe some day, but no time soon....in the U.S.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I can see it now, Hunter needs a liver because of all the drugs and sex, the FBI scour the medical records for a match, FBI arrests the individual with the match, donate a liver and bee free…

Calling Taylor Sheridan to write and direct…

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Didn't read link but with the inmate population I've seen (daily), I'd get behind this pending which 'organ' they are referring to. (Purple implied)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

While it's a light on the details, it appears to be just as ridiculous as presented. Even the media couldn't screw this one up. I'm with Hough, this isn't going anywhere, but someone who thinks like this managed to get elected. Two someones, actually.

The male idiot is also a sponsor of a bill to ban semi-automatic firearms and require a state board and registration for pet groomers. We all know what a scourge on society unregistered pet groomers are. Seriously. https://malegislature.gov/Bills/193/HD2938

The female idiot is more about immigration issues, apparently living blissfully unaware of the dangers of unregistered pet groomers.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    In theory, I would be willing to consider the idea with numerous caveats.

...but this isn't going anywhere. Transplant physicians (in the U.S.) won't do the surgeries because UNOS/OPTN would never approve it. There has been 50+ years of debate about allowing donors to be paid and it still is not generally accepted. This concept has many, many more problems than payment.

This is fraught with medical-ethical issues. Maybe some day, but no time soon....in the U.S.
    We'll grow them first.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Wait, why are we letting them sell when free citizens are not allowed to? Doesnt seem fair.

Not saying its OK. just pointing out the double standard.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Wait, why are we letting them sell when free citizens are not allowed to? Doesnt seem fair.

Not saying its OK. just pointing out the double standard.

I thought you could sell bone marrow in some states already. Or some work around where they pay you for "your time", like plasma donation where they pretend you're donating but they compensate you for "your time" despite the fact the payment is based on ml of your donation and now how long you sit in the chair. I used to get a lot of my drinking money selling plasma outside of Ft. Riley. $35 a week was a lot of beer.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I thought you could sell bone marrow in some states already. Or some work around where they pay you for "your time", like plasma donation where they pretend you're donating but they compensate you for "your time" despite the fact the payment is based on ml of your donation and now how long you sit in the chair. I used to get a lot of my drinking money selling plasma outside of Ft. Riley. $35 a week was a lot of beer.
    We did that up in West Lafayette in the early 80's. 10 bucks per donation. Three of us would go and get 30 bucks and that was enough to buy a keg back then. :):

Top Bottom