• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    No, you don't... take it from someone who's BTDT, the current adjustable 2-point slings (VTAC, VCAS, etc) are much simpler, more comfortable, and allow easy cross-shoulder transitions.

Three-point slings are soooooo 1998. ;)

I have a cheap three point right now but I am looking at getting an adjustable 2-point that could be used as a 1 point also.

Where should I look? I will be using this on an ak with wood stock.

lowriderjim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Huntington
    The vidio at #8 is exactly what I have been looking for to use my Rem 870 tactical in combination with my hause pistol. This is an excellent example of the information available on the forum.

I am in the process of obtaining swivels to euip my shotgun.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    What about single point slings?

Good for CQ type stuff because they are way simple and allow freedom of movement. That said, they don't support the front of the gun at all, so it tends to flop around if you have to drop it to go "hands on," and you can pretty easily stick your muzzle in the dirt if you have to quickly go to kneeling.

IMO, they are best utilized with short/light guns (SBRs and whatnot), and are NOT the sling to have if you are doing any kind of prolonged activity with the gun (standing post, patrolling, etc). The Magpul sling is a single-point that can be converted into an improvised 2-point, so it is better in that regard.

The adjustable or "tactical" 2-point slings that are currently en vogue give you pretty much all the benefits of the single- and three-point types, without the downsides.

My :twocents:

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Good for CQ type stuff because they are way simple and allow freedom of movement. That said, they don't support the front of the gun at all, so it tends to flop around if you have to drop it to go "hands on," and you can pretty easily stick your muzzle in the dirt if you have to quickly go to kneeling.

IMO, they are best utilized with short/light guns (SBRs and whatnot), and are NOT the sling to have if you are doing any kind of prolonged activity with the gun (standing post, patrolling, etc). The Magpul sling is a single-point that can be converted into an improvised 2-point, so it is better in that regard.

The adjustable or "tactical" 2-point slings that are currently en vogue give you pretty much all the benefits of the single- and three-point types, without the downsides.

My :twocents:

cool. You are a bottomless pit of knowledge! :):

What are some good two point slings IYO? I have the standard Mil Surp nylon sling but would like something a little nicer. Plus I need to get a good sling for my shotgun too....

Last edited by a moderator:

waloidian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Bloomingtonian
    The vidio at #8 is exactly what I have been looking for to use my Rem 870 tactical in combination with my hause pistol. This is an excellent example of the information available on the forum.

I am in the process of obtaining swivels to euip my shotgun.

I have yet to find a good sling for my 870, because the front swivel connecting point blocks my light beam. Id rather have a light on my HD 870, than a sling at this point. I could move the light to a 3 or 9 o'clock position, but still prefer the 6 position for making the 870 less unwieldy.

waloidian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Bloomingtonian
    cool. You are a bottomless pit of knowledge! :):

What are some good two point slings IYO? I have the standard Mil Surp nylon sling but would like something a little nicer. Plus I need to get a good sling for my shotgun too....
    vtac and the Gear Sector (IN company) are great. See how they function here:

YouTube - Viking Tactics Sling - Instructional Video

I also run a magpul, which i typically have in the 2 point mode. Its nice to have the ability to go single point when needed, but youll rarely find yourself in this position...unless you carry an AR for a living.

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    vtac and the Gear Sector (IN company) are great.

:+1:

I primarily use the VTAC (padded), but have a couple of the Gear Sector single-points, as well. Don't have direct experience with the Gear Sector 2-point, but am told it's pretty good. The Blue Force Gear VCAS and Magpul MS2 are also worth considering.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Hope nobody minds a minor, related, threadjack

The rifled cantilever barrel on my Mossberg 500 has a stud for attaching a sling, all well and good, but the vented rib barrel does not. There is a hole in the bottom of the fitting that covers the magazine tube that appears to be threaded for one but the screws in the sling swivel kit I got (mainly to use the swivels with the rifled barrel) don't fit that hole.

What do I need to attach a sling in this application?

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    i know this thread is a little old but I am using URBAN-E.R.T sling. I got it at the last 1500. The slings are made in Indiana and the guy is very cool and knowledgeable. I am going to be carrying the AR in single point sling but it attaches to my belt also. The sling can quickly be transformed into a two point sling. URBAN-E.R.T. SLINGS, tactical weapon slings, single point sling, AR15 sling, 3 Point Sling is his website and he has videos on there too.

Top Bottom