• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    You know what's impressed me?

Nobody posting in this thread has used the phrase, "racial profiling".:yesway:

I suppose only true libertards think that profiling involves the use of a single factor.

akaindy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    Guy.

Just got back from a long 2 week trip overseas (though not really long enough time to spend christmas with the wife and kids). On the way back security was a little different then when I headed over before the "unsuccessful terrorist attempt". Being in other countries its always interesting to how things work. Third world countries are even more interesting. I was in thailand most of the time, though its very developed in some areas its still a third world country.

Well on the way back we had our normal security check. Then when I got to the gate there was a carry on baggage search and a pat down (the pat down was new). My stop over in Japan a carry on baggage search and pat down had also been added before being allowed on the plane, and most interesting of all I did see profiling. I was watching for it because of certain people I saw standing in line, so I kept my eyes on them and they were pulled out and check further. When I got to Chicago it was back to normal, take the shoes off, belt, keys and change toss them in the tray and put the backpack in another tray. Walk through the metal detector and off I was to the gate to get on my plane.

On another note when I'm flying I usually size people up, potentional problems, people that could be usefully, who might be soldiers and so forth. Its always good to just keep and eye on people and thing in you surroundings.

Last edited:

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    December 28, 2009

Department of Homeland Security Issues Terrorist ID Cards

Requires Application, $25 Fee

usdhs.jpg

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report) - In the wake of the Christmas Day airline terror attempt, the Department of Homeland Security today said it was instituting a bold new series of security measures, including issuing an official "proof of terrorism" I.D. card.

"All potential terrorists must have the terrorist I.D. card in order to be barred from boarding," said Homeland Security secretary Janet Napolitano. "If you want to get on the no-fly list you'll need a completed application and the $25 fee."

Ms. Napolitano said that while the terror suspect's father had warned the U.S. about his son weeks before the incident, the Homeland Security Dept. was tightening rules in that area as well: "In the future, it will be necessary for a terrorist's mom and dad to warn us before we take it seriously."
    The Homeland Security chief said that her department would continue to crack down on the primary threat to air safety: shampoo.

"We will be looking out for shampoo like never before," she said. "If you want to smuggle it on board, you had better hide it with your bomb-making supplies."

She also praised the Department's decision to ban in-flight bathroom use: "One thing every terrorist has in common is that they eventually need to pee."

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Guy.

My stop over in Japan a carry on baggage search and pat down had also been added before being allowed on the plane, and most interesting of all I did see profiling. I was watching for it because of certain people I saw standing in line, so I kept my eyes on them and they were pulled out and check further.

Do tell. What type of people?

akaindy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    The couple of people I saw being pulled for extra questioning where people of color with forgien passports traveling to the US, age was on average 20-40's. One person I got a glimpse of his passport which was a Kenyan passport. Interesting part about the kenyan person was that his extra questioning came from a burly looking man in a suit at the gate that spoke good english and deffiently was not Japanese.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Im sorry I dont care whos feelings are hurt if you have a turbin on your head and say anything about ali you are a threat! There was a troop who called into Glenn Beck last week said he was pulled aside and damn near strip searched and he was wearing his military uniform! Way to be on top of it security!!!

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Im sorry I dont care whos feelings are hurt if you have a turbin on your head and say anything about ali you are a threat!!

Dude,

Most muslims don't wear turbans anymore. It is not a religious requirement like for Sikhs.
    Neither do most terrorists (profiling). Turbans are more of an Indian or Sikh thing now .

Also why are you singling out fans of one boxer over another ?????:D

Now I do believe in profiling on a matrix of traits like some others have listed. Not based soley on one factor.
    Also let's all remember that a muslim was the one trying to warn the US about him as well......

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Dude,

Most muslims don't wear turbans anymore. It is not a religious requirement like for Sikhs.
    Neither do most terrorists (profiling). Turbans are more of an Indian or Sikh thing now .

Also why are you singling out fans of one boxer over another ?????:D

Now I do believe in profiling on a matrix of traits like some others have listed. Not based soley on one factor.
    Also let's all remember that a muslim was the one trying to warn the US about him as well......

Dont forget I said they were speaking of their god ALLI ELLI however you spell it as well. That would be me "profiling" or stereotyping :)

Its sad that all it takes is one bad egg really.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Dont forget I said they were speaking of their god ALLI ELLI however you spell it as well. That would be me "profiling" or stereotyping :)

Its sad that all it takes is one bad egg really.

Oh I know what you meant. Just having a little fun. Ali was great boxer:D

Allah is what you meant. Arabic word for God.

A thread or 2 on here about that debate as well.......some ramble for 25 pages, some get locked.

Preacher715

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    French Lick, IN
    After serving in the military... I easily found myself to be extremely aware of my enviroment and surroundings... when i fly... sit at a pub... or anything... I'm constantly aware of my surroundings... i keep all the exit points in my view... paranoid??? maybe...

when i fly... i sit back in the lobby noticing who the heck is flying with me... as a pilot as well... i loook for the "who can help me fight back" and etc...

as for racial profiling??? why not... we get accused of it... why not live up to the name...

Top Bottom