• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    I've heard that you can sell no more than 6 per year. If more than that, you are considered a dealer and must be licensed. Maybe a dealer can say for sure on this.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    At least you haven't broken out the French maid costume!

BrainBleach.jpg

I've heard that you can sell no more than 6 per year. If more than that, you are considered a dealer and must be licensed. Maybe a dealer can say for sure on this.

I have never heard this number in this context prior to this post. Even holding a C&R license, which very specifically states that I'm not permitted to "engage in the business" of buying and selling guns, no one has ever defined that in that way that I've ever heard or read. May I ask where/from whom you heard it?

Blessings,
    Bill

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Yes, it is legal, but I can imagine the "legal" ramifications of selling a gun to a felon could be pretty serious too. I either sell to an FFL or only to a close family member or personal friend. JMHO.

us_agent

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    It's all in how the law is worded. You cannot knowingly sell bla bla bla... If you don't feel good about the transaction don't make the sale. Even your friends and family can lose their marbles and do something just as irresponsible as an improper person.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN

Nope, just don't be doing it as a business. You might raise some eyebrows if you show up at the 1500 with a wagon full of brand new GLOCKs, but there is no specific number.

Top Bottom