Private Message received from fellow church member about carrying at church.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    mythbusters made a lethal weapon from newspaper and a plastic spoon, so does that mean they would a person eating an ice cream with a spoon while reading the newspaper?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    If you want to get in to this, violence is the unjustified use of force. So, no, we're not advocating using violence against violence. We're number one advocating avoid the threat if possible, and number two, using justified force to defend oneself from violence if necessary.

I guess a similar argument could be used against surgery for knife wound victims: "you can't cure tissue incision with more tissue incision." In both cases, they're ignoring intent. A surgeon and a knife murderer may both use sharp instruments to incise tissue, but one has a justified reason for doing so.
    Great example!

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Did this really need bumped?

For the newbs out there. While you're searching far back into the old threads, and have the notion to reply, look at the date first. This thread is 5 months old.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    This is as good a thread as any to point out that a new (or reasonably new) member may not have seen the thread and may have something of value to add to it. We don't want to see a year old thread bumped for a "Wow! Me too!" or anything similar, but by the same token, a member with more thought to share on a subject may be the guy that brings back a post for someone who needed to see it that day.

Or it could just be missing that it's an old thread...

Don't ask me how I know. ;)

Blessings,
    Bill

Cheapdiesel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't one of the apostles say something about self defense? I believe it was "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one" or something to that nature.
    No not an apostle it was Jesus who said that to the apostles.
    Luke 22:36
    He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Did this really need bumped?

For the newbs out there. While you're searching far back into the old threads, and have the notion to reply, look at the date first. This thread is 5 months old.

Zombie thread!!!!!

Kill it quick!

:noway: :noway: :noway:

Who the heck to yal think you are?!? Grow up and show some respect for the 1st Amen. When I get my rep time back, your both get'n negs.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    This is as good a thread as any to point out that a new (or reasonably new) member may not have seen the thread and may have something of value to add to it. We don't want to see a year old thread bumped for a "Wow! Me too!" or anything similar, but by the same token, a member with more thought to share on a subject may be the guy that brings back a post for someone who needed to see it that day.

Or it could just be missing that it's an old thread...

Don't ask me how I know. ;)

Blessings,
    Bill
    I can see that side of it. I guess I just wasn't thinking in that aspect.

RNM, please don't neg rep me, I now see a valid point to bumping a "zombie thread" such as this.

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    I posted a link to the black man carrying the AR-15 in Arizona. Because I have friends all across the political board, the post received a lot of arguing between my two camps of friends. I mostly stayed out of it until one young woman from our church said that she would never let her family near them. I mentioned to her that almost every time she's seen me socially, it has been with a loaded firearm.

I figured I would let the fine community here read what I had to say before I replied. Is this bringing too much personal stuff to the forum?

In hindsight, I should not have probably mentioned that I carry. I'm just trying to preach the Second Gospel of the right to keep and bear arms.

This is my rough draft reply to her:

What do you guys think? :dunno: :ingo:

Oh man, people here get more clueless by the year. Not saying she is a bad person by any means. I can get along with many people. I work(ed at Cummins for christ sakes. That place is a melting pot of cultures. Many of the people from other countries I have met are great people and respect our beliefs and I respect theirs. I like to know that I am protected when some random Methhead walks into CVS and tries to rob all the sudafed! You are both right that Columbus is a very safe city. I have lived here my entire life and I could walk into the shadiest areas in town and not feel threatened. If someone doesn't carry guns and doesn't want their family around them that understandable. I would rather have my children educated about guns so they know the dangers as well as the benefits of firearms. Also, after meeting you a couple weeks ago I wouldn't see why anyone would have a problem with you!

Top Bottom