• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Today I made my rounds trying to some of the shops trying to help some of my family members locating a few things, I witness somebody buying an off brand 500 rd case of 5.56 for $350.00 not to mention three other people did the same. I understand about supply and demand but this is just ridiculous, in the other hand I respect the shops and owners that even with the crazy things that are happening now they kept the same prices and will not hide inventory.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I understand about the distribuidors doing that as we already seen that about four years ago but when you go to a shop on Friday and come back on Saturday and clearly they adjusted their prices that is an other matter.

RonnieF

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    New Castle,Indiana
    Be nice to have people settle down and let things calm a little but in the day everyone jumps at everything Like the 9 dollar a gallon gas during 9/11 let everyone stock up then after this is over and there needing money it will all be listed for sale and they will complain about loosing there butt

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i lived through the last one. And when the economy continues to tank and no new legislation gets passed, there will be lots of over priced WASRs and Bushies in the classified section. ;)

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    lp have to agree with you

i imagine history will repeat itself.

seems longer than 3 years, but remember when Colt 6920s sold for $1800-2000? WASRs for $600+? And $0.40/round on brass .223 was an exceptional deal? :laugh:

Maybe this time will be different. I doubt it though.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    What burns me up is that whatever is in the store NOW was purchased at a certain price...and then marked up accordingly...and sold in the store.

It's all the re-order / replacement merchandise where there MIGHT be a price increase...that'll be passed along to the consumer.

*sigh*

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    It's a free market. Supply and demand. It's not their fault you waited until the last minute. Besides a lot of these guys may be about to lose a lot of business in general if this awb actually happens. Can't blame them for making hay while the sun is shining.

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    It's a free market. Supply and demand. It's not their fault you waited until the last minute. Besides a lot of these guys may be about to lose a lot of business in general if this awb actually happens. Can't blame them for making hay while the sun is shining.

Can't blame them really? Were the people that keep them in business. I'm in the market to buy an AR, not a panic buy but just happens to be at the wrong time. Most the AR's on GB doubled in price over the weekend. I will never buy a gun or accessories from any retailer that gouges prices to almost double MSRP because of there greed. Hope every retailer "CTD" who's SS109 went to $800+ a case and pmags to $50 are boycotted by the true gun community and forced out of business.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Ya know, retailers are in it to make money, Plain and simple. Why sell something to someone for 10$ when someone else will pay 20$. Surely you arent suggesting that retailers are in it for the sake of the customers?

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    a business can do as it pleases, as can the customer.

none of this would be happening if the gun community didn't go full retard every time some lib politician says "gun ban".

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    a business can do as it pleases, as can the customer.

none of this would be happening if the gun community didn't go full retard every time some lib politician says "gun ban".

+2

We're all about freedom....unless it's the freedom of a retailer to set his own prices? C'mon. If you think it's gouging, don't buy. Simple as that.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    +2

We're all about freedom....unless it's the freedom of a retailer to set his own prices? C'mon. If you think it's gouging, don't buy. Simple as that.

absolutely. if everyone told CTD to eff off, they would stop it. As long as people freak out, it will happen.

A buddy of mine told me he knows 3 people who went out and bought their first AR15 this week because they might be banned. One guy paid $2000 for a 6920 and a case of ammo. $2000!?

Use your head and vote with your wallet. I honestly believe this all will pass.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Can't blame them really? Were the people that keep them in business. I'm in the market to buy an AR, not a panic buy but just happens to be at the wrong time. Most the AR's on GB doubled in price over the weekend. I will never buy a gun or accessories from any retailer that gouges prices to almost double MSRP because of there greed. Hope every retailer "CTD" who's SS109 went to $800+ a case and pmags to $50 are boycotted by the true gun community and forced out of business.

I agree 100%!!!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    absolutely. if everyone told CTD to eff off, they would stop it. As long as people freak out, it will happen.

A buddy of mine told me he knows 3 people who went out and bought their first AR15 this week because they might be banned. One guy paid $2000 for a 6920 and a case of ammo. $2000!?

Use your head and vote with your wallet. I honestly believe this all will pass.

Exactly, if this person had really wanted an AR he's had almost 10 years to go buy one. The dust will eventually settle and the politicians will see there really isn't a market for their BS and this guy will be stuck with a 2K AR. Then it will go on the classifieds for 2K and he'll wonder why it doesn't sell. Times are different now then they were in 1994. I worked in a big gunstore in MI before and after the original ban. Prior to the ban there wasn't near the market for black rifles there is now. Most of the AR's we sold if we did sell one were 20 inchers, the high dollar stuff was still the HK's and others that were effected in the 89 ban, but AR's were still sort of meh. I don't remember selling that many collapsible carbines at all. After the ban the prices shot up, like 1800.00-2K for old Colt SP1's and into the 3K's for 91's, 93's and 94's etc and those are still up there.
    Black rifles are much more mainstream now with more regular shooters owning them and and or wanting to buy them. They are used in training, competition, hunting etc. There is no argument that there is no use for these rifles we just need people to start articulating that.

Top Bottom