• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Who could it be? Santorum? Newton? Gardasil Rick? Patriot Act Bachman?

Nope. :):

Ron Paul is the only major candidate interested in ending bureaucracies. Period. He has the stones to call for the end of FEMA in the middle of a major hurricane. This kind of stuff is why I believe he will not fold under pressure. He's never been a panderer. He's not anyone's puppet. He will stay the course.

Ron Paul: We don’t need FEMA
    As Hurricane Irene barrels along the U.S. East Coast, Rep. Ron Paul of Texas said the nation would be much better off without the Federal Emergency Management Agency. "I live on the Gulf Coast. We put up with hurricanes all the time," the GOP presidential candidate told CNN after a New Hampshire campaign event Friday. "There's no magic about FEMA. More and more people are starting to recognize that."
    t1larg.ronpaul.aug27.jpg

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I enjoyed hearing him make this Republican shill look foolish.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LowRQiYLPo[/ame]

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    unfortunately saying these kinds of things will be used against him by all in the media to make him an even less likely candidate. You know the sheeple will never be able to comprehend why this evil man would take away their magical federal safety net during a natural disaster.:rolleyes:

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    After watching that clip of Paul, how is it that someone who wants what is best for our country not vote for him?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm really starting to like this guy. It's not just because he goes against the grain, but he seems to have common sense. I wonder if enough Democrats and Republicans who want real change will decide to stop looking for reasons not to support him?

badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago
    I couldn't watch the clip past the 2:10 mark. He want's to pull a billion from "overseas war mongering", put half that towards the deficient and i guess use the other half to help people.

So even Ron Paul wants to give money away to people, just not in the form of FEMA.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I've been reading a lot about Ron Paul in the past few weeks.. This is the final straw and I'm going to say it. RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT 2012!!!

My name is Greg Buckingham and I approve this message.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I'm really starting to like this guy. It's not just because he goes against the grain, but he seems to have common sense. I wonder if enough Democrats and Republicans who want real change will decide to stop looking for reasons not to support him?

I've been reading a lot about Ron Paul in the past few weeks.. This is the final straw and I'm going to say it. RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT 2012!!!

:rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

This is proof that ranting on the internet from my mom's basement does make a difference. LOL

winchester1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Shipshewana
    Let me start out by saying I very much respect Ron Paul and would love to see him get the Republican nomination. But my concern is what if he doesen't? Aren't you affaid that if he were to run as an Independent he could take some Republican votes which in turn keep Obama in office?

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Let me start out by saying I very much respect Ron Paul and would love to see him get the Republican nomination. But my concern is what if he doesen't? Aren't you affaid that if he were to run as an Independent he could take some Republican votes which in turn keep Obama in office?

Im going to vote for him either way so far. I dont like the idea of voting for someone that I dont believe in in the hopes of keeping someone else out.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    unfortunately saying these kinds of things will be used against him by all in the media to make him an even less likely candidate. You know the sheeple will never be able to comprehend why this evil man would take away their magical federal safety net during a natural disaster.:rolleyes:

this..:yesway:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I just read some Wiki on this Ron Paul.... And he seems like a stand up guy on paper... all these taken from wikipedia....

"Paul authors more bills than the average representative, such as those that impose term limits, or abolish the income tax or the Federal Reserve; many do not escape committee review"

"By amending other legislation, he has helped prohibit funding for national identification numbers, funding for federal teacher certification, International Criminal Court jurisdiction over the U.S. military, American participation with any U.N. global tax, and surveillance of peaceful First Amendment activities by citizens."

"He also introduced "Sunlight Rule" legislation, which requires lawmakers to take enough time to read bills before voting on them,after the Patriot Act was passed within 24 hours of its introduction. Paul was one of six Republicans to vote against the Iraq War Resolution"

The list goes on, i havent seen a reason NOT to vote for him

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I just read some Wiki on this Ron Paul.... And he seems like a stand up guy on paper... all these taken from wikipedia....

"Paul authors more bills than the average representative, such as those that impose term limits, or abolish the income tax or the Federal Reserve; many do not escape committee review"

"By amending other legislation, he has helped prohibit funding for national identification numbers, funding for federal teacher certification, International Criminal Court jurisdiction over the U.S. military, American participation with any U.N. global tax, and surveillance of peaceful First Amendment activities by citizens."

"He also introduced "Sunlight Rule" legislation, which requires lawmakers to take enough time to read bills before voting on them,after the Patriot Act was passed within 24 hours of its introduction. Paul was one of six Republicans to vote against the Iraq War Resolution"

The list goes on, i havent seen a reason NOT to vote for him

He kicks puppies.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    I'm totally with Paul. FEMA is unnecessary, except insofaras federal territory is concerned.

Having said that, being quoted as wanting to dismantle FEMA in the middle of a hurricane is not what I would call impecable timing. Some will think it's a show of principled thought. Most will think it's strange and out of touch. I'm in the "why the hell would he say that right now" camp.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I'm totally with Paul. FEMA is unnecessary, except insofaras federal territory is concerned.

I'm in the "why the hell would he say that right now" camp.

He was asked by the host if he still felt FEMA needed to be dismantled. That is how the topic came up.

He didn't just "up and say it".

Rather than recant his previous position he stood firm and gave excellent reasoning as to why.

Top Bottom