• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rikkrack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Montgomery Co
    Rude and Indyprepper have said they are working on a schedule. Not sure what will be in the dates. Once I know what they have planned I can base some of the weekend classes. There is one on aquaponics, hydroponics permaculture in February the 23rs. There is a 001 class no dates as of yet. This is the 1/2 day class. Feb might be too soon for another at the store. I can judge better by attendance on Saturday. There is also the regular 1st Thursday of the month meetings.

Rikkrack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Montgomery Co
    1st Thursday of the month starting around 6pm and go until... well, they go...I usully am summoned home before some of the "regulars" leave. Some are there so much they have thier own dedicated stools....

Sticks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    NE Indy
    Indiana Self Defense is a small family run store. Inventory is small but they can order many items you want. FFL dealer, water filtration, survival gear, vegetable seeds, packaged rations, water, etc. Very nice people. My wife and I have been attending most of the preparedness meetups (Indiana Disaster Preparedness / Survival (Indianapolis, IN) - Meetup) and have met many good people. The couple who owns it are very nice and helpful - I encourage you to support a local business!

This is some info from Angies List.
    Indiana Self Defense | Indianapolis, IN 46219 | Angies List
    Indiana Self Defense
    Is this your business? Claim your profile
    8017 E Washington St
    Indianapolis, IN 46219
    (317) 534-0571
    Business Description: Hunting, Camping, Tactical & Survival. We are a store dedicated to disaster preparedness and outdoor recreation. We carry a variety of items for emergency / disaster situations, first aid, medical supplies, hunting, camping, personal protection & firearms. We are a licensed FFL dealer. We can and will special order almost anything. We Transfer Firearms. Find us on Gallery of Guns, Cheeper than Dirt & more.
    Services: Gun Shop
    In Business Since: 2011
    Service Area: Located in Indianapolis, In on E. Washington St. less than a minute from I465. Serving people from all areas. We take orders and can ship anywhere.
    On Angie's List Since: 3/17/2012
    Warranties: ASK FOR DETAILS
    Free Estimates: Yes
    Office Hours: Mon 12.00 PM - 06.00 PM, Tue 12.00 PM - 06.00 PM, Wed 12.00 PM - 06.00 PM, Thu 12.00 PM - 06.00 PM, Fri 12.00 PM - 06.00 PM, Sat 12.00 PM - 06.00 PM, Sun 12.00 PM - 04.00 PM
    Licensed: Yes, I am appropriately licensed for my trade.

Rikkrack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Montgomery Co
    Classes at ISD

Until I have more time to add all the classes and this is not all of them I wanted to give you guys a heads up. We will be adding more in between these dates I wanted to send out that we came up with as far as a tentative schedule. So you guys can fit them into your schedules. We are working on an in-depth first aid and trauma class. Reaching out to instructors. Wine, cheese, and beer making as well. We seem to have gaps in June and August. So we will fill in the blanks. Thursday classes start at 6pm and Saturdays have varied start times usually after noon.​

Jan 26th Back Yard Grocery produce your own food sources (has a fee and limited space) Starts at noon.

Feb 2nd Intro to firearms 001 for people new or never exposed to firearms (think family friends or anti gun, I know on gun forum,but some of you on here know some of them) Starts at 2pm

Feb 7th Bug out bags (followup) but great for newbies. Bring your bag with you 6pm

Feb 23rd Aquaponics, Hydroponics, and Organic Gardening 3pm

March 7th Chemical, Biological, and Nuclear fallout 6pm

March 16th Firearm 101 2 pm

March 23rd Medicinal Herbs and Essential oils 2 pm

April 4th Water purification, storage, and filtration

April 20th Fire and fire starting

May 2nd Security

May 18th Long term food storage (canning, dehydrating)

May 23rd Getting more with less, money saving, cost cutting, and income generation

Jul 11th Primitive skills

Jul 20th Communication

Aug 17th Lighting and power

September 5th Documentation

If you are interested on the latest updates times and classes I suggest joining the meet-up group there is also an App for smartphones. The Magazine and newsletter is also posted in there.

[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://www.meetup.com/Indiana-Disaster-Preparedness/[/FONT]

All classes held at:

Indiana Self Defense.
    8017 E Washington St
    Behind the Arby's/Olive Garden

As alaways, bring a chair....

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Feb 2nd Intro to firearms 001 for people new or never exposed to firearms (think family friends or anti gun, I know on gun forum,but some of you on here know some of them) Starts at 2pm
    Through evolution of discussion with an attendee there is something to point out here. While this class is truly an "intro" to firearms for people who fit the description above (anti gun, afraid of firearms, etc), it may help to peek such persons' interest in attending by describing it as a free class that gives them a little insight into "why we like our guns."

It is not geared to convince them of firearms or coerce them into buying firearms. It merely presents a common basic level of knowledge that majority of gun owners hold and agree with that those who oppose them do not understand or realize. This class helps them to understand "why we like our guns."

So when they say to you, "I don't like guns. I have no interest in them. I don't understand why you like them.".....well, here is your opportunity to learn WHY I like them. How you feel about them before or after is up to you, but at least take a couple of hours to attend this and learn WHY I feel the way I do and get some basic self-defense and safety education in the process.

Rikkrack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Montgomery Co
    The intro class may be a regular class every other month or every 3 months. There is a list earlier in the thread in upcoming classes but is a up to date list on meet-up (link in my signature). Some new ones are in development now. As more people voice different needs, and wants. We are also talking with some guest speakers and presenters. More updates as I have them to give. 001 class will be offered agen probably in February or March.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    :DI love giving good news. This is a posting I've been waiting to post for a while. Two big things I'm proud to anounce.
    :rockwoot:First - We will be receiving a steady supply of firearms that will start ariving Friday. I can't be overly choosy but there will be a range from Ruger 10/22s to Rebington 1911s and all in between. Our stock will be bigger than ever and the faster we can sell them the more our stock will grow.
    :popcorn:Next, I've invited our Good Friend Rikkrack to demonstrate and provide Thrive food thru ISD hosting a party. This opens alot of posabilities in food storage and meal preparation. Rikkrack is a Highly Knowledgable and I am looking forward to the party and and making the Thrive food available. I will update with dates and times as soon as we figure it out, it's all down to finalizing our plans.
    Thanks
    Walt

Top Bottom