• ...and so much more!
  • 12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    I have heard some interesting radio ads from premier arms on WIBC, but the one I heard today kind of stunned me. I have never been to the shop, and I know they always have ads about buying guns. I don't remember it word for word, but the implication was that the government was probably going to confiscate your guns at some point so this might be a good time to sell your guns.
    Please don't jump all over me if I am off in the wording, but as far as I could tell that's what the ad implied. It caught me off guard on how it came across, especially from a gun shop.
    Has anyone else heard the add, and any thoughts on it.
    Like I said I have never been to the shop and know very little about it.:dunno:

Murzor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2012
    I havent heard the ad, but it would not surprise me. There are always snakes in the grass willing to strike. Fear is a powerful sales tool.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have bought guns from them in the past when it was easy to deal with them. They are no longer on my LGS regular stop and shop list due to how they treat those who are trying to sell them guns.
    This also translates to their trade in policy's which seriously suck.
    Shop there if you wish but my money will no longer grace their cash register and i usually always pay cash.
    I can believe they would use this language in one of their ads. No surprise.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have bought guns from them in the past when it was easy to deal with them. They are no longer on my LGS regular stop and shop list due to how they treat those who are trying to sell them guns.
    This also translates to their trade in policy's which seriously suck.
    Shop there if you wish but my money will no longer grace their cash register and i usually always pay cash.
    I can believe they would use this language in one of their ads. No surprise.

What is the deal with their trade in policies? I've been in the shop a couple of times, but have not purchased anything from them as yet. Seemed like an ok shop, but they did not have anything that PSS or Bradis did not have at the time.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What is the deal with their trade in policies? I've been in the shop a couple of times, but have not purchased anything from them as yet. Seemed like an ok shop, but they did not have anything that PSS or Bradis did not have at the time.

I used to have them on my list (4) of shops. After 2 poor experiences and overhearing their attempts to beat down a person who needed to sell his gun and then laugh at him when he left after selling it to them through desperation they can kiss my money good buy. My list is at (3) LGS now.
    I was trying to work a trade on a Springfield RO and they called my 1911 EDC junk but would see fit to give me "X" for it just because. I am no idiot and my blood pressure rises when spoken down to. I holstered my EDC and walked out of the shop. We (son and I) rolled down to PSS and there in the case was the same gun, $60.00 less and Bob traded me more than fairly on my EDC.
    I made the deal and will not go into premier again.

Last edited:

Wolverine6G

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 2, 2012
    are you guys talking about Premier Arms in Brownsburg? Everytime I go in there. they always seems pretty cool. Ive done 3 transfers out of there and bought some frog lube and havent jacked their transfer fees as high as someothers. they are only 5 mins from my house.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    are you guys talking about Premier Arms in Brownsburg? Everytime I go in there. they always seems pretty cool. Ive done 3 transfers out of there and bought some frog lube and havent jacked their transfer fees as high as someothers. they are only 5 mins from my house.

Yes, same store. They are cool to just talk to but do some shopping and compare prices. Listen to how they conduct trades/purchases. Shady.

The one guy that is dark skinned Asian looking is way cool. He came from the racing industry. Tall red haired fella is the butt head that I do not care for and the owner sets the pricing and trade values. He is a bit on the weird side IMHO.

Use them as you will. No knock. Just speaking from personal experience.

CQB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Central North Forty
    I've never been to their shop but I have heard the radio commercials several times during various conservative talk shows. I was appalled at the scare tactic language being used by a LGS. They may be a great shop, but that commercial couldn't have been written any better by Nobama himself.

Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    If the government is going to confiscate all the guns, why would P.A. want to buy them? They must think we're stupid.

After 2 poor experiences and overhearing their attempts to beat down a person who needed to sell his gun and then laugh at him when he left after selling it to them through desperation

Haven't been in there in a while but last time (a couple of years ago) their used gun prices seemed a bit on the high side. $600 for a very beat Marlin 39A. Laughing at someone you just bought a gun from in front of other customers, that's a big no-no in any retail business.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If the government is going to confiscate all the guns, why would P.A. want to buy them? They must think we're stupid.

Same reason there are companies that want to take your worthless ol' paper money that's just on the verge of going into hyperinflation and give you some gold that just never ever loses buying power. Since they know that gold is going to sky rocket in value and the dollar is going to plunge, they are obviously doing it out of the goodness of their hearts. They are willing to eat that huge loss so you and your family don't have to.

They scare because they care.:laugh:

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    :rofl: So, Premier Arms is just doing the SAME thing the gougers are doing, right?

With the gougers, SOME folks on INGO just say "Oh well, they're just playing / taking advantage of the market". But with Premier Arms it's somehow being 'underhanded'? :scratch:

Gougers are gougers, and it sounds like Premier Arms falls into that category. JMO, hope they lose their shirts and go bankrupt, just like I hope happens to the gougers out there. :D

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I used to have them on my list (4) of shops. After 2 poor experiences and overhearing their attempts to beat down a person who needed to sell his gun and then laugh at him when he left after selling it to them through desperation they can kiss my money good buy. My list is at (3) LGS now.
    I was trying to work a trade on a Springfield RO and they called my 1911 EDC junk but would see fit to give me "X" for it just because. I am no idiot and my blood pressure rises when spoken down to. I holstered my EDC and walked out of the shop. We (son and I) rolled down to PSS and there in the case was the same gun, $60.00 less and Bob traded me more than fairly on my EDC.
    I made the deal and will not go into premier again.

Good to know. I have not done any real business with them. And 100% agreed, on PSS. Bob gets a majority of my actual gun buying business and have even done a couple of trades with him and he was more than fair.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I went there once several years ago when trying to sell a nice Colt SP1 and they offered me like 300.00 for it as if I didn't know what I had, I only worked in the gun business for 10 years so I wasn't a fool.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have visited Premier Arms several times and have walked out with very little, maybe an inexpensive accessory or some ammo. I buy my guns from PSS or Bradis (or the INGO Classifieds, of course). I almost ran off the road when I heard that Premier Arms radio spot. Sure, caveat emptor. But how in good conscience could a gun shop owner endorse such a message?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have visited Premier Arms several times and have walked out with very little, maybe an inexpensive accessory or some ammo. I buy my guns from PSS or Bradis (or the INGO Classifieds, of course). I almost ran off the road when I heard that Premier Arms radio spot. Sure, caveat emptor. But how in good conscience could a gun shop owner endorse such a message?

You should hear them belittle the people that try and sell them something. It is offensive at times. I will never go in there again for any reason.

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood

Also why would the radio station allow trash like that on there air. They are not excused for the ad either.

The following is from Premiers website;

Since opening in 2001, Premier Arms has always specialized in both buying and selling quality used firearms. We have built a solid reputation for treating those wanting to sell their firearms in an open, fair, and honest manner. When we look at purchasing a firearm or an entire collection we always take time to properly examine and determine value, and to explain the evaluation to the potential seller. This informs the seller as to the value of their firearms and to the amount we will pay for them. When selling your firearms to Premier Arms be assured that there is no smoke and mirrors, fancy speak or confusing sales processes, just honest, forthright dealings. Please read further to learn more about what we buy and how we do it.

• We Buy Firearms

pistols_in_case.5164656_std.jpg
      We have a large clientele that purchases used firearms from us and because of this we are always looking to replenish our used firearms inventory. We purchase just about any firearm, from a single rifle or pistol to a large collection, we purchase it all. Do you have a large estate or collection to sell? We will purchase that too, no collection is too large. Do you want more piece of mind? At Premier Arms, we are always happy to offer references to past and current clients. When a loved one passes and leaves behind a firearms collection, often spouses and other family members are overwhelmed with the task at hand, let Premier Arms help. Our staff has years of experience purchasing collections, helping with not only in purchasing and securing the firearms, but quickly providing the seller with cash.
      guns_money.5162303_std.jpg

"Why sell my firearms to Premier Arms?"
      For over a decade, our expertise in the used firearms business enables us to properly evaluate your firearms. This is a very important first step in selling your firearms. When you come in to sell your firearms we put our many years of experience specializing in used firearms to work for you making sure you get the most money for them. We deal in used firearms every day, buying and selling thousands per year; we know what to look for and what firearms are worth. Most shops do not specialize in used firearms, we do. Unlike most shops, when used firearms come in for sale we don’t just pick up a book and look up a price, often a poor and inaccurate way of determining value. Instead we utilize our extensive expertise to determine exactly what you have, and since we specialize in vintage commercial and military firearms, we also have a large reference library on site. With many specialized and out of print books at our disposal, we can determine the exact make, model, and special features letting us properly value of your firearms. If you have a large collection, we have the buying power to purchase it. And when we do, we don’t just cherry pick the collection by buying only the really good items. Instead we purchase it all, leaving the client with more money in their pocket, not undesirable items they still need to try to sell. We offer the experience, professionalism and service you the client wants and deserves in selling your used firearms and collections that you will not find at other dealers.

Im_Broke.5164450_std.jpg

"But another shop said they would consign my firearms, isn’t that better for me?"
      Consigning a customer’s firearms is an option some other shops offer. But typically a dealer offering to “consign” your firearms just means “sorry I don’t have any cash to actually buy your firearms”. If you did consign, there are also many risks involved. First, you are placing your trust in others to care for your firearms and making sure they are safe, secure and don’t get damaged. What if your nice shotgun gets a ding in the stock from careless handling or your pistol is dropped on the glass display case, damaging the finish? Second, due to the cost many shops do not insure their firearms against theft. Even if they have theft coverage on their firearms, most do not carry additional coverage for your firearms which is needed since they are not the shop’s inventory. If your firearms were stolen or lost due to fire for example, you may be out of luck. Premier Arms carries full damage and theft coverage including coverage specifically on other people’s property. Third, since the shop does not have the cash to buy your firearms, they will not take trades on your firearms either and may push their inventory over your firearm. Fourth, you, the seller, will not know when or if you will ever get paid for your firearm. Many shops do not have the money to buy your firearms or collections, we do. We buy on the spot, and pay you on the spot, it’s that simple when you deal with Premier Arms.

head_in_hands.5162434_std.jpg

"An auctioneer said he would get me “top dollar”. What about using an auction?"
      An auctioneer will always promise you that they will sell your firearms for top dollar up front because they want to sell your firearms. But most auctions refuse to place reserves on any of your items. This places the seller at great risk because you will not know what you will get until your item sells. Your firearms may sell for well below what they are worth, and then you have to pay auction fees on top of that. At the end of the day, with buyers and sellers fees ranging from 25% to over 40%, not knowing what your items will sell for and then having to wait for the sale and your payment, often months, is it worth the risk? At Premier Arms we say NO, no to risk, no to waiting for your money and no to the uncertainty. We look, figure, offer, buy and pay, we shake your hand and you’re on your way.
    • We Buy Military Items

Knives.36495755_std.jpg

Firearms are only part of wh
      • we buy and sell at Premier Arms. We also purchase military items. Dealing in all vintages of military firearms offers us the opportunity to also deal in related military items. From Civil War, WWI and WWII, to Vietnam and Korea, we purchase military items from any era. Even modern items from Iraq and Afghanistan, if it is legal to own, we will purchase it.
      at
      German.36495844_std.jpg

Most of our soldiers that served overseas brought back a war trophy or two. Many soldiers also held on to their own personal issued equipment. At Premier Arms, we buy all of these types of items, such as:
      • Bayonets, Swords & Knives
      • Japanese Swords, Short Swords & Tantos
      • Flags, Banners & Pendants
      • Uniforms, Patches & Medals
      • Web Gear, Belts, Holsters & Pouches
      • Field Equipment
      • Scopes & Binoculars
      • Helmets
      • Watches & Compasses
      • Any Nazi marked items, military or civilian
      • Any other military item
      Jap_sword__flag.36495914_std.jpg

At Premier Arms we appreciate the history of all military items. Whether you have US military or German and Japanese items, we will purchase them. But, we will also purchase military items from other countries too, any vintage. Trust your military items to a shop that has the expertise to know the difference between a WWI gas alarm and a party noise maker. Just like when we purchase firearms, from one item to an entire collection, we will purchase all your military items at a fair and honest price.
    • We Buy Accessories

gunroom.5111427_std.jpg

Whether you are downsizing, moving or settling an estate, when you sell a firearm collection often you have more in the collection than just firearms. Most dealers don’t want to mess with accessories, Premier Arms enjoys helping out our customers by purchasing your entire collection including related firearm accessories, such as:
      • Firearm Books & Magazines
      • Holsters, Slings & Firearms Cases
      • Knives (Commercial & Custom)
      • Reloading Equipment & Supplies
      • Ammunition
      • Gunsmith Tools & Equipment
      • Cleaning Equipment
      • Display Cases
      • Firearm Safes
      • Any firearm related item

My Business - Cash for Guns

These guys seem great.......................

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    all the gun shops try to rip u off on trade ins...mystery solved....did u know those gun shops have rent to pay and employees to pay...low mark up and plenty of douchers all day long...did u ever try to trade a car in....gasp..they rip u off too...get a clue...i did ...first and last time i did that..some bald dude at the outdoorsman got all friendly and offered me 200 for a smith and wesson model 36 revolver...its what they do..quit acting shocked
    ..i sold it in ingo classifieds for 450 if i recall..

Top Bottom