• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Longshot-JSFL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Anyone been in there and seen their prices lately ?
    Had plastic bags with 20 rounds of .380 for 26.99.
    I saw 50 rounds for 10.37 at walmart last night. I feel
    They are fear mongering as well. I hear them tell everyone
    In there how bad it is and how they can't get more
    Ammo for up to a year. Looked on their counter and they
    Have suspicious amounts of ammo.. Like 3 boxes of this, 3 boxes
    Of that. They also had stickers from another store on them.
    Anyone feel like this about them?

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    64   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    premier arms owner is great to deal with, been a customer before and also have a friend that does business there quite often, i imagine if you look at other shops it will be the same way. prices are up and they are scrambling to get what ever kind of inventory in they can.

Dj15802

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Avon, IN
    They've always treated me fair. They have kept the pricing on firearms at retail from what I've seen. I know they've been pretty limited on ammo since the panic set in.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Bryce is a good guy and I used to go out there a lot but haven't made the trip in quite a while. When he got the 2nd GSD, the white one, I couldn't take the barking anymore. He used to have decent prices but like I said I haven't seen him in a while. He is a total M1 Carbine freak though! Really has a great collection. :yesway:

themadmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    I am a fan of Premier Arms and have always been treated well there. Their prices have always been competitive on anything I've been looking for.

If I am looking for something, they are always the first or second place I check.

Longshot-JSFL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Well the ammo may have been in the wrong spot.. Tula for 12.97 is more like it
    But 1.50 a round for fmj and lead isn't noble. I agree on their gun prices for non
    panic items. I don't know Bryce.. but I'm sure I haven't dealt with him the way you guys describe him. I frequent a few gun shops and their prices are nowhere near Premier's. (PSS, Bradis,). I was excited to see a shop near my home, but when I saw their prices I was really turned off.

bft131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    As stated above, Bryce is a straight up guy and if you would also state there are Numerous FULL cases of various ammo around the store. Bryce and crew are NOT Walmart gun case sharks buying and reselling ammo at the store.. Mabey before you accuse you might want to get to know the store and owner.. Bought many a firearm there, always a fair deal..

Longshot-JSFL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I didn't accuse.. When you see repackaged ammo at outrageous prices there is no accusing to be done. The facts are there. I have spent a fortune on guns/ammo and I wouldn't jack the price up like that for you BFT if I wanted to. I was trying to get to know the store if you actually read my post. I stated my opinion/first impression of the place. Asked if their was anyone who had more than a first impression or shared my opinion. This was done to find out if I should just continue patronize PSS as I know Bob wouldn't gouge like that. I just like the idea of a close LGS. I was thinking before long I will go in there and see individual bullets for sale. Again, I haven't been going there for years, just the opposite. I'm glad he has you guys supporting him. I'm frustrated beyond belief with things right now, and I feel like one half is taking advantage of the other. I guess it's okay for some people and not others.

adws943

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    I got a good deal on my TCP around the first week of January at Premier. I have since seen TCPs at gun shows and shops as high as $160 more.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Were the rounds in the baggie personal defense type rounds? They often run pretty high for 15-20 rounds? I've heard that Bryce is not in the shop very often anymore but I don't know that to be a fact. :dunno:

Vaquero11

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Indy
    I'm a regular at Premier, PSS, C&C Midwest and Bradis. They all have their good points and their bad points. Shop around and find the best deals you can. If you're patient this madness will quiet own and things will sort themselves out in few months.

Longshot-JSFL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Colt, They werent defensive rounds, they were brass but not all were
    even FMJ. I thought the same thing. It blew my mind, then scared me.
    I hadnt bought ammo in a couple weeks and thought it must be getting
    worse. Then I hear one guy at the shop tell someone how bad it going to
    get and that they are only selling what they already had ordered before
    the panic. He went on to say he cant get anymore ammo for 6 months to a
    year. Im thinking crap. I went to Walmart to get gifts for nephews and I walked by the ammo case. They had 9mm, .380, .38 special, .40, and 45 auto. And quite a bit. I bought my share and felt better. Then like 10 minutes go by and a guy comes in and bought it all..no limit. But thats a different story. I think it all will settle down, but high prices perpetuates the whole thing. Along with people flipping ammo. Sorry for being aggrivated.
    Midwest ammo prices are crazy to. I gained/lost alot of respect in this whole mess.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I seen those 380 rds you are speaking of. WOW!!!
    25 rds of defense 9 mak $30 lol. Bradis had'em FOR 19

Mcolson181

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Nov 11, 2012
    SE Indiana
    As stated above, Bryce is a straight up guy and if you would also state there are Numerous FULL cases of various ammo around the store. Bryce and crew are NOT Walmart gun case sharks buying and reselling ammo at the store.. Mabey before you accuse you might want to get to know the store and owner.. Bought many a firearm there, always a fair deal..

Are you saying knowing the owner justifies high ammo prices?

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    First off I need to say the Bryce is one of my best friend's. Second Bryce has never ripped anyone off on anything. There are few guys in this world that are his caliber.

As for the ammo....Premier Arms buys firearms estates from all over the country. We are talking stupid big money estates I might add. With those purchases he often gets partial boxs of ammunition, loaded mags ect. Knowing the ammunition is hard to get right now he does what any reasonable person would do, he trys to pass it on to his customers. If you think the price is to high on something all one has to do is say so to the staff.

Coming on a website and basicly accusing a business of dishonest practices ain't to cool IMO.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I used to deal with them but I have heard the same crap the OP states. They suck on trades and I will not buy any more guns from them. Personal reasons. Shop where you wish. They have seen the last of me after more than 10 gun purchases in a year. The entire attitude has changed in there.

Top Bottom