Prayer requests from those so inclined.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    My apologies, I just now saw this thread. I cannot/will not pretend I can fathom your despair, but I know the One who can.
    I have 41 year old twins, a son and a daughter, and I could not imagine losing them. I pray that the Lord, God, will, through His Son, and our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, heal your heart. All things are possible through Him, and I believe He will deliver you through this. I pray as well, that if you have not already, that you will come to know the Lord Jesus as your Lord and Savior.

Last edited:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Thank you. I keep praying God gets his revenge.......before I get mine.
    Holding that inside is like eating rat poison and hoping the bastard dies.

That said, there are people in this world who should pray I do not get a terminal diagnosis. I truly feel your anger and I would pray you find a way to release this that doesn't cause anybody in your family more grief.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    My apologies, I just now saw this thread. I cannot/will not pretend I can fathom your despair, but I know the One who can.
    I have 41 year old twins, a son and a daughter, and I could not imagine losing them. I pray that the Lord, God, will, through His Son, and our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, heal your heart. All things are possible through Him, and I believe He will deliver you through this. I pray as well, that if you have not already, that you will come to know the Lord Jesus as your Lord and Savior.
    Thank you my friend. I accepted Jesus Christ as my savior long ago. I have always put my trust in him and tried to live in a way that would please him, but I am not going to lie....it has become a challenge at times. Seems almost the better I treat people and trust God, the more I get kicked....I feel a little like Job, waiting on my reward. I am not going to say I am angry at God, because I know God is in control and has a plan, even if I don't agree or understand that plan.

It is like I have the Devil on one shoulder and God on the other. The devil tells me to go find this snake and cut it's head off, then God tells me "Son, let me handle it." I don't know if I like having a conscious, I almost liked the old me better. I too pray that God will help my anger subside.....but I am not counting on it, yet.

My daughter was abandoned to die alone, in a convicted dope dealer neighbors apartment. He took time to clean a room of drugs, steal a couple of her things, lock her in his room alone, ran out of building with his safe of drugs, and left her to die in his skanky room alone. To this day, IMPD never even asked him for a statement or why he didn't call 911. Her mother and I are left only to wonder what her final words were. Did she ask for help? Did she suffer? Did she die quickly? All them things are things only that coward knows. Now I don't know if I am wrong or not, but this is not how it will end.

Sorry to ramble and thanks for being an ear to whine in. Thank you for the kind words and prayers, I can assure you they are appreciated.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Holding that inside is like eating rat poison and hoping the bastard dies.

That said, there are people in this world who should pray I do not get a terminal diagnosis. I truly feel your anger and I would pray you find a way to release this that doesn't cause anybody in your family more grief.
    Thank you sir. It is a bitter pill to swallow. Damned if we do, damned if we don't. Thank you for the prayers my friend....

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Thank you my friend. I accepted Jesus Christ as my savior long ago. I have always put my trust in him and tried to live in a way that would please him, but I am not going to lie....it has become a challenge at times. Seems almost the better I treat people and trust God, the more I get kicked....I feel a little like Job, waiting on my reward. I am not going to say I am angry at God, because I know God is in control and has a plan, even if I don't agree or understand that plan.

It is like I have the Devil on one shoulder and God on the other. The devil tells me to go find this snake and cut it's head off, then God tells me "Son, let me handle it." I don't know if I like having a conscious, I almost liked the old me better. I too pray that God will help my anger subside.....but I am not counting on it, yet.

My daughter was abandoned to die alone, in a convicted dope dealer neighbors apartment. He took time to clean a room of drugs, steal a couple of her things, lock her in his room alone, ran out of building with his safe of drugs, and left her to die in his skanky room alone. To this day, IMPD never even asked him for a statement or why he didn't call 911. Her mother and I are left only to wonder what her final words were. Did she ask for help? Did she suffer? Did she die quickly? All them things are things only that coward knows. Now I don't know if I am wrong or not, but this is not how it will end.

Sorry to ramble and thanks for being an ear to whine in. Thank you for the kind words and prayers, I can assure you they are appreciated.
    Any time at all you need to vent, you can PM me, or vent right here on the thread. My prayers will be ongoing for you and your family.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

You are correct, this is not how it will end. We may not know how it will end, but we know Who is in control and He will end it in our favor, with peace in the end.
    Sorry I missed the thread the first time around but praying now, and really sorry for all your pain.
    Keep the faith. I would want revenge, but know that the perp is not worth your conscience.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Thanks again guys. Here is this cowards rap sheet. I contacted Boone County Judges, Probation and Prosecutors office, particularly regarding the last 3 entries on his rap sheet. Probation was helpful, the other 2 were worthless as teats on a boar hog. Just got to speak with a victims advocate. They did nothing but lecture me, threaten me and wanted to tell me about ethics. Well needless to say, I didn't want a court that never punishes criminals to lecture me on ethics, and I told them as much. When law abiding citizens are made into criminals and criminals have more rights then victims.........that is when law abiding citizens may become outlaws. It's like cornering a grizzly bear and poking at him with sticks....a dangerous game for sure, unless you are faster than the bear, or at least faster than those poking the bear with ya.

https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase...pbGVFbmQiOm51bGwsIkNvdW50eUNvZGUiOm51bGx9fQ==

Of particular concern to me was his arrest on 9-26-2019. On 5-4-2020 they sentenced him to 730 days of jail and suspended 730 days with probation. He immediately asked for his probation to be moved to Marion County from Boone County (for obvious reasons) and it was granted. Then on 6-29-2021 he was released from probation. This guy got 730 days suspended, never did time.....and was off probation 400 or days later......how does that math work? Hamilton County gave him 1,095 (2 years suspended) days of jail time for operating while intoxicated, but Boone County gave him nothing for dealing Meth. Can anyone justify this reasoning? Maybe I am wrong.....but it sure seems like a mistake was made.

Started when he was 18 by vandalizing 40 peoples property in Lebanon..... 16 years later he is still at it.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I just read this article. I am telling you guys, if we don't get control of this, it will impact generations for years to come. It is time America cracks down hard on Fentanyl dealers. Overdoses will make Covid look like nothing in 5-10 years. It is too late for me and my family.....but it is not too late to try to save the next family from this sadness and burden.

This can be changed. This can be avoided. This can be controlled. I am pleased that a few politicians from Indiana have reached out to me, and want to make changes to our laws. But you know, talk is cheap.....when they make change is when I will believe they care.

BTW, We paid to have my daughters IPhone unlocked by a hacker. I found texts on her phone where someone had sold "pressed pills" to at least 2 other people who had OD'd, and were revived. One was a hair stylist and the other a RN at a hospital, neither one, like my daughter....had no criminal record and held full time jobs for years. They had texted my daughter to tell her "the pills were bad" and not from a pharmacy and had Fentanyl in them. I don't know if Michelle ever received or read them texts, but I am 99% sure I know who the pills came from.

I mention this just to make clear, not all addicts are criminals and non functioning. It could be your doctor, nurse, hair stylist, lawyer, preacher, teacher, kid next door, cops or your honor student in college. This stuff could care less what life it takes, where you came from, how you were raised or what you are doing in life. Something as harmless as a small pill can and will kill you. You don't need needles to die. It is an equal opportunity destroyer. All it takes is one bad judgement......and it's over!

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    The Rose Beyond the Wall

A rose once grew where all could see
    Sheltered beside a garden wall
    And, as the days past swiftly by
    It spread its branches, straight and tall

One day, a beam of light shone through
    A crevice that had opened wide
    The rose bent gently toward its warmth
    Then passed beyond to the other side

Now, you who deeply feel its loss
    Be comforted, the rose blooms there
    It’s beauty even greater now
    Nurtured by God’s own loving care.

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    I just read this article. I am telling you guys, if we don't get control of this, it will impact generations for years to come. It is time America cracks down hard on Fentanyl dealers. Overdoses will make Covid look like nothing in 5-10 years. It is too late for me and my family.....but it is not too late to try to save the next family from this sadness and burden.

This can be changed. This can be avoided. This can be controlled. I am pleased that a few politicians from Indiana have reached out to me, and want to make changes to our laws. But you know, talk is cheap.....when they make change is when I will believe they care.

BTW, We paid to have my daughters IPhone unlocked by a hacker. I found texts on her phone where someone had sold "pressed pills" to at least 2 other people who had OD'd, and were revived. One was a hair stylist and the other a RN at a hospital, neither one, like my daughter....had no criminal record and held full time jobs for years. They had texted my daughter to tell her "the pills were bad" and not from a pharmacy and had Fentanyl in them. I don't know if Michelle ever received or read them texts, but I am 99% sure I know who the pills came from.

I mention this just to make clear, not all addicts are criminals and non functioning. It could be your doctor, nurse, hair stylist, lawyer, preacher, teacher, kid next door, cops or your honor student in college. This stuff could care less what life it takes, where you came from, how you were raised or what you are doing in life. Something as harmless as a small pill can and will kill you. You don't need needles to die. It is an equal opportunity destroyer. All it takes is one bad judgement......and it's over!
    First, Randy I am so sorry for what you and your family have went through. My family have dealt with these issues also with a death of a 25 year old relative recently from a overdose.
    You are right this is a major epidemic happening right before our eyes. I retired from a fire department 3 years ago, my first 20 years on the job I went on one overdose. My last 5 years on the job I was going on over doses almost everyday, sometimes multiple times a day.
    We have to stop this catch and release of criminals and hand out stiffer penalties for these drug dealers.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    First, Randy I am so sorry for what you and your family have went through. My family have dealt with these issues also with a death of a 25 year old relative recently from a overdose.
    You are right this is a major epidemic happening right before our eyes. I retired from a fire department 3 years ago, my first 20 years on the job I went on one overdose. My last 5 years on the job I was going on over doses almost everyday, sometimes multiple times a day.
    We have to stop this catch and release of criminals and hand out stiffer penalties for these drug dealers.
    In our county, we had three overdoses at the same house in one night not long ago. It made me wonder, did they all take the drugs at the same time or did they see their friend(s) OD and still take the same thing thinking it wouldn't end badly for them? This fentanyl is some very scary stuff.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    So sorry for your loss! Just another reminder that "drugs are bad". My daughter is in grade school, but I take every opportunity to remind her (now while she is still young and listens to her parents) the terrible dangers of illegal drug use. You can be a good person, make a mistake in a moment of weakness, and destroy your life.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    In our county, we had three overdoses at the same house in one night not long ago. It made me wonder, did they all take the drugs at the same time or did they see their friend(s) OD and still take the same thing thinking it wouldn't end badly for them? This fentanyl is some very scary stuff.
    I thank each and everyone of you for your words of condolences. I cannot even start to express the sorrow and sadness I feel. This is something that is so preventable, but until the court systems get overwhelmed with public outrage, nothing will change. Society looks at it as though another junkie just let Darwin win, which is somewhat understandable. I just don't think we look at it thru real eyes. We envision all addicts being junkies......and that just simply is not true. In fact, I would almost bet more OD's happen from those who do not do drugs often. Until we change laws and crack down on Fentanyl dealers, people of all walks will continue to die.

Mom....I had a young lady, 26 years old approach me and tell me her story. She has been invited to my home anytime she needs support. She is an RN. Her and her friend, who is an RN as well decided to buy pills from a street dealer. They thought they were buying prescription drugs. They both took the pills and within 20 minutes this young ladies friend started OD'ing. Well this young lady was freaking because she had ingested the same drugs. She pulled her friend from the car, gave her CPR until ambulance arrived, she then started OD'ing and needed revived. They both recovered and immediately confessed to hospital staff that they were addicts. They had even been stealing patients drugs, but when the hospital about caught them, they went to the streets.

What people don't understand is, for example....it is very hard to OD on Meth, damn near impossible to accidently OD on Meth. It is the dealers who cuts this stuff with Fentanyl, so they make more profit.....and then the user does not even realize they are doing Fentanyl. Same with pills now days. So many people pressing pills and including unknown doses of Fentanyl into the mix. One pill may kill ya and the other one be fine.

It is time lawmakers step up and be accounted for. If they don't force changes in law and guidelines in sentencing.......this will never end and only get worse.

Top Bottom