Prayer requests from those so inclined.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    I don't know what your situation is, but if you are in need of pastoral services, I'm sure our pastor would make time for you. It's Bartlett Chapel UMC and his name is Jeff Reed. It's out along old Main St. If you would like to speak to him, I can give him a heads up.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    As a member of my extended family (INGO) I can only offer my sincere condolences and prayers.
    As long as she remains in your heart and memories, she is never truly gone from your life. Hold on to them tightly.
    Everyone on this forum is here for you I am sure.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Randy, DoggyMama's daughter's death was ruled "suspicious" (drug overdose, and she was living with her dealer boyfriend), so the police out in California were involved. She passed on October 5th and we didn't get her body back to Indy until October 27th, and couldn't have the funeral until October 30th. The funeral home was a big help, but DoggyMama also had to contact the police and the local coroner's office out there.

It looks like you've been given some good advice about a funeral home helping as well as the IMPD victim assistance office. I hate that you're going through this.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I just got back in. What a day this has been. I want to thank you all for your words of advice, comforting and encouraging words.

Really been a frustrating day. Got with our funeral home people and got our pastor set up. That is about where the good news ends.

They have my daughter in Marion County Coroner office. They did not have us do a positive ID on here last night, so they called me last night to ask if they could email me a picture and some forms and do it by email. Apparently since she was never arrested they had no finger prints they could find. I said sure and they said I would have email by 1pm today, never got email...called them back and they said the guy who does that has left for the day, it would be tomorrow :(

Funeral home cannot get her until coroner releases. So they say it will be tomorrow.

Life insurance cant be filed until we get a death certificate, and our funeral home people said it could take 6-8, maybe 10 weeks to get a death certificate in Marion County.

Bank account had no beneficiary on it, so they at least froze the account so nobody can steal what she has in it.....but we can't claim it for 45 days and have to go to court to get some kind of small estate paper.

Thank you all again.

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    My son, 36yrs old , had a massive heart attack 2 months ago in his bedroom and died.We didnt have ANY PASSWORDS into ANY of his accounts , he lived with us and single.It took 9 weeks to get death certificate , he had no will and were stuck with legal & bueracratic paperwork and we had to get a lawyer to get legal rights to a online bank account.We are going thru so much now on top of his passing.The very best advice is to lean on the lord and ask for his help.SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSE.

Top Bottom