• snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    DSC03173.jpg

DSC03172.jpg

3 inch 20 gauge 4 shot 2 dollars a box bought all 5 boxes.

Got home and noticed my 870 20 gauge won't shoot 3 inch so they are now for my single shot 20.

Some old remington clays throw 25 cents maybe 50 cents can't remember.

DSC03599.jpg

So far those are the good deals this year.

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I found a really cool pool table for $15 dollars got it home, and figured out it flipped over and the other side was an air hockey table.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I collect American made vacum bottles. Alladin, Thermos, Uni-vac brands mostly.

I just got this one a couple days ago. Picked it up in an old bait/hardware/second hand store.

100% functionality as it's quality American made, every thing is there, it's the only one I have with the full plastic outside so it's perfect for hunting and boating no need for any camo treatment. Thermos brand, it's pretty new compared to the rest I've got but it's the only example I have of this type, plastic outside and full stainless steel inside.

aThermos414.jpg

$1, you'd pay $30 bucks for the closest bottle to that one at Mao Mart today and they aren't even 1/10 as good.

sclark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I have found an army issued cooler for a couple dollars, a single stage shotgun re loader for $10. and have found stuff at the Goodwill like a Remington stainless steel choke new in the package for $1, they asked me if it was priced right because they didn't know what it was.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    My son got a ww2 army duffel bag, when he got home he found a small bag in it with a 1940s boy scout fire starting kit and a case folding pocket knife from about the same time(tang stamp was used between 1940-1960s). Total cost $2

sporty_live

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I'm thinking this story tops them all... My mother-in-law is a big antique/rummage sale hound. She has many stories of picking up items for nothing and reselling them to collectors who pay high prices for them.

Anyway, about ten years ago she bought an old jewelry box for $3.00. Figured it was a bit older and she could make a profit on it. She gets it home and starts cleaning it up. She pulls out a drawer and there is a diamond ring taped underneath it. She took it to a jewelry guy who took one look at it and asked her if she would sell it on the spot. Turns out the diamond was just under a carat and virtually flawless. She had it appraised and it came out to $5,000.

We ended up using it as the center stone in her wedding ring. Every time we take it back to Shane Company for cleaning they freak out at the clarity. It has ALWAYS involved multiple employees getting involved trying to find anything they can use to "map" it for idenitification purposes.

Not bad for a $3.00 jewelry box!

MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I bought 4 brand new pairs of Crocs shoes that usually sell for $30-$35 a pair...for $3.00 a pair! They are great to wear to the pool, where I spend alot of my summer at! Bargain Bargain!!!!

Last edited:

peloe16

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Cincy
    well it could have been a good buy for someone but when i was about 10 my parents had a yardsale because we were moving. they of corse went through the house lugging stuff out to sell. well they went into my room and grabbed an old cigar box that my grandpa gave me full of a couple years of christams money in it....i found out it was missing and ran out to the yard about to raise hell when i found my box in the .50 cent pile.........

close call. my box found a better hiding spot after that!

Top Bottom