• Status
    Not open for further replies.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    While browsing through the unread messages tonight, I noticed a lot, no make that a TON of reply's to intros to what I thought was new users.
    After a couple of look see's I noticed it was a blatant attempt on post whoring to boost numbers.

For this I would to see that Intro messages no longer count towards a users post count.

The reason for this is because of the size that INGO is getting I don't think we need Hi or Hello post after the fact when a user has been around for longer than a month.

Fenway and our faithfull mods how do you feel about this?
    I think it's a good thing to go along with the no post counting in the For Sale section.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    eh, I could care less about number of posts. Your post count does not equal your knowledge, how cool you are (or think you are), etc

I just didnt care for trying to pick out real posts in my 'new posts' search.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    While browsing through the unread messages tonight, I noticed a lot, no make that a TON of reply's to intros to what I thought was new users.
    After a couple of look see's I noticed it was a blatant attempt on post whoring to boost numbers.

For this I would to see that Intro messages no longer count towards a users post count.

The reason for this is because of the size that INGO is getting I don't think we need Hi or Hello post after the fact when a user has been around for longer than a month.

Fenway and our faithfull mods how do you feel about this?
    I think it's a good thing to go along with the no post counting in the For Sale section.

I know that this is a reference to me as I was playing a game with a friend here on the forum. I have already spoken to a moderator about it. I could absolutely care less about my post count it is meaningless to me I was just trying to have a little fun with a friend. Him to sign off then back on a few hours later to find OMG how the hell did that happen. For those of you who really think that something so trivial is so earth shattering I am so sorry if I offended your sensitivity. You know what set my count to zero or remove it all together REALLY it is meaningless to me I really honestly could care less about how many posts I or anyone else has made...And to be honest I think getting all worked up about it is kinda childish...

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    There was an...incident. Involving a bet.
    Ya I was informed of that. All the more reason for the Intro's to go the Classfied way of not counting towards post count.

It's a waste of storage space, bandwidth and increases the load on the servers and software in search functions.

I used to run a BBS for a computer store in Plainfield YEARS ago (Prime Cuts BBS for PrimeMicro Computers) and just tweaked my butt when I seen users eating drive space for incidents like that.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I didn't care so much about seeing the old thread or boosting post count, more that a real new person may not get that friendly INGO welcome :)

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Ok well you gentleman go ahead and make a capitol case out of whatever you like. I spoke with a moderator as it was happening and it didn't seem like a big deal there. It seemed to be taken as it was intended. I am not going to waste my time or energy debating something that was in all innocence just between myself and Cox. It was supposta be a joke and to shock him. I mean if this is the kinda thing you get all upset and see as a huge deal.. All I can say is wow ok whatever. And ya know what tecnically all I was doing was welcoming members I had neglected to welcome in the past. Once again I will make myself as clear as I possibly can. I really dont care about the post count how many I have or you have. I was just playing with a friend. Christ you would think I just enacted a bill in congress to ban all weapons or something. WTF

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Actually I think it involved bourbon and cookies. :):

What was actually sent was my moms chocolate chip cookies 4 boxes of Swiss cake rolls 1 bottle of Old Grand Dad 1 Bottle of Jack Daniels and 1 bottle of Jim Beam. I also included a hustler magazine and a video of questionable origin...:D

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    What was actually sent was my moms chocolate chip cookies 4 boxes of Swiss cake rolls 1 bottle of Old Grand Dad 1 Bottle of Jack Daniels and 1 bottle of Jim Beam. I also included a hustler magazine and a video of questionable origin...:D
    oh damn.. how do i get on that mailing list???

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008

MAN! You play for keeps! :rockwoot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom