Post Office marking firearm related items?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Could be a ZA, which is the ISO code for South Africa. Could be a part of a routing number or a group to go on a certain truck. Not necessarily an indicator of firearms.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Most likely a sorting mark. It most likely got sorted to the return address by accident, and then corrected manually. It's why your address was circled as the delivery address.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Ah, crude, impertinent incivility. Just another beautiful morning on INGO. Thought we were supposedly a family-friendly forum? I can't imagine anyone wanting to expose their children to this.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Ah, crude, impertinent incivility. Just another beautiful morning on INGO. Thought we were supposedly a family-friendly forum? I can't imagine anyone wanting to expose their children to this.

So dunking your doughnut in coffee is okay but dunking your muffin is impertinent incivility?

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    it is more than likely the route number for delivery service. my packages will have "36 Green" on them from UPS.

call or stop by your local USPS office and ask what it is. find out if others in your area are seeing the same thing.

post it on the Amazon (or website your ordered from) review boards.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    The mark isn't done by Amazon. The shipping label isn't placed on the box my an employee, that is an automated process long after your box has left human hands, and the employee packing the items don't honestly know or care where or how it is getting to you. Its a routing mark done at the shipping company.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Sir, this is the internet.

Where a cigar is often a phallus.

The Clinton posts prove my point.

As for the OP (and shockly back on topic...), that is maybe strange. More likely "second attempt". See if it happens every time. Maybe they are an INGO member? There is a UPS guy that is known to write pro 2A phrases on packages of firearms related items. At least that is what the MA internets tells me....I am too worried I would break some rule ot order anything out here.

Last edited:

micheljns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    [The mark isn't done by Amazon. The shipping label isn't placed on the box my an employee, that is an automated process long after your box has left human hands, and the employee packing the items don't honestly know or care where or how it is getting to you. Its a routing mark done at the shipping company.]

This seems to be the most reasonable explanation, I did receive another firearm related package from amazon today from a different seller, no marks on this one.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom