• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    As you know I own Kodiak Firing Range & Training Facility in South Bend, In. Really did not want to put it in SB because it is not known as a gun friendly town but that is the way it worked out.

Anyway I have been spending the last few weeks going around to area businesses and also walking through the area neighborhoods passing out flyers and talking to people.

I can honestly say I have not run into one anti gun person or atleast any that said they were anyway. Now some people are more interested than others but the vast majority have been very interested. No one has even acted like they were mad, upset or anything. When meeting with businesses the people come out of their offices to ask questions. They take my flyer and copy it and post it all over the place. Put them out on the counters, etc.

When I am going through the neighborhoods and someone is outside I hand them the flyer. Many ask lots of questions. They are very interested and very positive.

I thought for sure I would run into a stinker here and there but I have not. Some people beat me back to the range and take tours. I have to say I am very happy with the reception the range has received from the area businesses and residents. Just thought I would pass that on.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Wow. Glad you've been having such a good reception. I'm surprised you haven't run into at least one or two bad experiences.

Sounds like you may be in a pretty good area to drum up business. Good luck!

Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Wow. Glad you've been having such a good reception. I'm surprised you haven't run into at least one or two bad experiences.

Sounds like you may be in a pretty good area to drum up business. Good luck!

No one is more surprised than me. I thought I would run into atleast one but I haven't yet. One of my employees is also out meeting with businesses and he hasn't either. Makes you wonder.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    You know, there may very well be a few UND students...or even faculty who are INGO members.

It'd be slick if you could get in touch with a student or two and "sponsor" perhaps a shooting club?

I know at my alma mater, if only took like 3 interested students to start an official club...

-J-

Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    You know, there may very well be a few UND students...or even faculty who are INGO members.

It'd be slick if you could get in touch with a student or two and "sponsor" perhaps a shooting club?

I know at my alma mater, if only took like 3 interested students to start an official club...

-J-

Interesting. ONe of my employees is a ND grad student. I have also had one Doctorate student in to shoot. Maybe more. I will mention it to my employee.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Interesting. ONe of my employees is a ND grad student. I have also had one Doctorate student in to shoot. Maybe more. I will mention it to my employee.

:yesway:

Don't forget IUSB and/or St. Mary's...

Probably IvyTech, too.

Not that anyone from Goshen College would be interested, but you never know?! :n00b:

-J-

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Good luck in your venture. If I'm ever that way, I will certainly stop by and put a few downrange. Ranges are great places to meet similarly minded people. IMO, more than gunshops, ranges are where the culture thrives.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    As you know I own Kodiak Firing Range & Training Facility in South Bend, In. Really did not want to put it in SB because it is not known as a gun friendly town but that is the way it worked out.

Anyway I have been spending the last few weeks going around to area businesses and also walking through the area neighborhoods passing out flyers and talking to people.

I can honestly say I have not run into one anti gun person or atleast any that said they were anyway. Now some people are more interested than others but the vast majority have been very interested. No one has even acted like they were mad, upset or anything. When meeting with businesses the people come out of their offices to ask questions. They take my flyer and copy it and post it all over the place. Put them out on the counters, etc.

When I am going through the neighborhoods and someone is outside I hand them the flyer. Many ask lots of questions. They are very interested and very positive.

I thought for sure I would run into a stinker here and there but I have not. Some people beat me back to the range and take tours. I have to say I am very happy with the reception the range has received from the area businesses and residents. Just thought I would pass that on.

You probably present yourself in a way that is not off-putting or offensive and deserving of a few moments of their time. You can probably give yourself as much credit as you are giving the people. If you were not worthy of their attention, most likely you would have heard it by now.

LanceRobbins24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    South Bend
    You probably present yourself in a way that is not off-putting or offensive and deserving of a few moments of their time. You can probably give yourself as much credit as you are giving the people. If you were not worthy of their attention, most likely you would have heard it by now.

nahhhh....I think it is just the range...it can't be that Zimm is a good guy. I've met him a time or two...and it has to be the range!!!! (I kid....I kid)

Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    nahhhh....I think it is just the range...it can't be that Zimm is a good guy. I've met him a time or two...and it has to be the range!!!! (I kid....I kid)

Deifinitly the range! lol. Hey Lance when are you going to do the shoothouse? It's calling your name! lololol

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Where are you located in South Bend? I have a friend who is going up to ND and would LOVE to find a nice, friendly firearms store. Do you all specialize in anything in particular?

Visit our website TWO RANGES & A LIVE FIRE SHOOTHOUSE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC - Kodiak Firing Range & Traning Facility, Inc. We are a lead free frangible facility with steel targets:rockwoot:and a live fire shoot house. :ar15: Climate controlled will be perfect for those chilly fall Saturdays during the ND football season.

Top Bottom