• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Yesterday 2 of my friends and I made an afternoon trip out to Pop's to blow some ammo out. The wait was insane, but well worth it. Had a good time on the range with everbody who was there. Laid hands on a Ruger SP9 one of the other shooters had, felt very well made. Another to for me to pick up. :D All and all a very good time was had. I think this now on my list of things that need to be done on the days I have to make the trip to Indy. Deffinately a good time.

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    For 150.00 you can become a member and move ahead of non memebers + shooting durring weekdays is free and 6.00 an hour the rest of the time.

It seemed like I was spending 25.00 to 30.00 + ammo everytime I went so it made sence for me.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Pops membership is worth the money

For 150.00 you can become a member and move ahead of non memebers + shooting durring weekdays is free and 6.00 an hour the rest of the time. It seemed like I was spending 25.00 to 30.00 + ammo everytime I went so it made sence for me.

I've been a member for the past six months and have already paid for my membership going once a month to shoot. Sometime I have called ahead and when I got there they had no record of my reservation but they always got me on next. I only purchased a couple small items from them but their service has been decent. If you don't speak up you might be standing around more than you should be but overall a nice place to shoot.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    The only two problems with me purchasing a membership is all the time I spend on vacation for "our Uncle", and the 1 1/2 hour drive in to it. But it is now a place we will be stopping at when in Indy!

Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN
    I went in there a 1/2 hour after they opened today. The wait was an hour and a half. I didn't have time to wait around. It has been like that the last three weekends I've been there. Plus, if you are a non-member you will be line jumped by the members who file in all day long.

I have bought my first two guns this week and haven't shot them yet! It is killing me!!! :ar15: Maybe I should just suck it up and purchase a membership.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    the membership is well worth it

I went in there a 1/2 hour after they opened today. The wait was an hour and a half. I didn't have time to wait around. It has been like that the last three weekends I've been there. Plus, if you are a non-member you will be line jumped by the members who file in all day long.

I have bought my first two guns this week and haven't shot them yet! It is killing me!!! :ar15: Maybe I should just suck it up and purchase a membership.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.

Is the far left lane still closed? :dunno:

Peter Venkman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Only 4 lanes working today.

I got there 20 minutes before opening today because I had some new stuff i wanted to function test. I was number 4 in line and by opening there must have been eight behind me.

The only thing that stops me from becomming a member is the poor ventilation. Whenever I leave I blow soot out my nose for the next couple hours. That soot contains some lead. I go just enough in bad weather to satisfy my cravings until it's nice enough to shoot outside again.

Hopefully Wyatt's will be open soon. It's supposed to be state of the art ventilation. Maybe he'll do a better job of keeping all his lanes working.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    The wait is sort of bad, but worth it, especially when our Eagle Creek place is closed for the winter.

I have shot there recently, the past two weekends (anyone up on the West side for a carpool? :D ). I am impressed with the range, but not the shop. The gun pricing is edging Don's and apparently the people who work the place dont care. "If they want it, they will pay for it" mentality setting in. But I dont buy ammo or guns there, just range time :D.

The thing I like is the range is dimly lit, so I can really see how my loads (factory or hand) flash in lower light conditions (while not night, good enough for flash detection). For some reason, the sound dampening material in there REALLY seems to drop the blast and thump of my heaviest loads. I dont flinch and it is far better than a concrete built indoor range. I am very impressed with the range. People complain that the lanes are closed or that there are too many people there. Think of it as a test of patience, a resource lacking today... :D

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    I go about every other Monday about 2:30ish never had to wait. :)

yup :yesway: thats one of the nice things about having a membership. Mon-Fri before 5pm range time is free. Since I got the membership and I get off work around 1pm I only shoot during the week.

strongcrow

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy Central
    I agree with RogerB. I only go after work on weekdays, and I call for a reservation. I rarely wait more than 5-10 minutes to get on. I have been a member for 5 or 6 years now and have enjoyed my "therapy" time there.:ar15:

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    The only two problems with me purchasing a membership is all the time I spend on vacation for "our Uncle", and the 1 1/2 hour drive in to it. But it is now a place we will be stopping at when in Indy!

And the fact they have awful customer service, and will never get a single cent of my money :)

bdwarr6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    The wait is sort of bad, but worth it, especially when our Eagle Creek place is closed for the winter.

I have shot there recently, the past two weekends (anyone up on the West side for a carpool? :D ). I am impressed with the range, but not the shop. The gun pricing is edging Don's and apparently the people who work the place dont care. "If they want it, they will pay for it" mentality setting in. But I dont buy ammo or guns there, just range time :D.

The thing I like is the range is dimly lit, so I can really see how my loads (factory or hand) flash in lower light conditions (while not night, good enough for flash detection). For some reason, the sound dampening material in there REALLY seems to drop the blast and thump of my heaviest loads. I dont flinch and it is far better than a concrete built indoor range. I am very impressed with the range. People complain that the lanes are closed or that there are too many people there. Think of it as a test of patience, a resource lacking today... :D

In regards to pricing, Mike and I went in there on Saturday. I found a range bag I really liked they had black and tan. So i decided to go home and research it.

They wanted $125 a pop

5.11 Tactical 50 inch Gun Case Rifle, 511 tactical gun case, 5.11 gun case, 5.11 tactical gun case, 5.11 rifle gun case
    $64.99 or you can buy 4 bags for $199.99

Their pricing is absurd, they want 3k for an AR, and $1295.00 for a Rock River complete lower.

Last edited:

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    In regards to pricing, Mike and I went in there on Saturday. I found a range bag I really liked they had black and tan. So i decided to go home and research it.

They wanted $125 a pop

5.11 Tactical 50 inch Gun Case Rifle, 511 tactical gun case, 5.11 gun case, 5.11 tactical gun case, 5.11 rifle gun case

Their pricing is absurd, they want 3k for an AR, and $1295.00 for a Rock River complete lower.

Wow........ Sounds like they are becoming the new "Don's"!!! :rolleyes:

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN

They wanted $125 a pop

I know... funny right... 3k for an AR, then a few feet over from the AR's is the Law Enforcement discount AR at like 700 bucks.

Top Bottom