Remington
    o14RTFN.jpg

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Oh, so work colleagues that have differing political views aren't suppose to participate in team building events together.

Nope, still don't find that one funny (or productive, for that matter).

- JK, INGO's stick in the mud.

Give me your email address, and I'll run them by you before I post. :rolleyes: :):

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    603 years ago, the French were about to destroy Henry V's army on his way to Calais. Ordinary Parisians numbering 6,000 volunteered to be a part of this great battle....until the French nobility expressed their horror AT ARMING ORDINARY CIVILIANS. Weapons in the hands of peasants and merchants would reduce the control of the feudal lords over common folk, particularly since many were now demanding compensation for working feudal estates after the labor supply had been decimated by plagues in the prior century.

I've always remembered that lesson from my history studies in high school. The nobility became horrified that common people were armed.

It seems to me that the children's march on Washington is no different than the children's crusade in 1212. Misguided. Naive. Idiotic.

ps. The french cavaliers and Genoeses crossbowan outnumbered Henry's army by at least 3 to 1. However, on St. Crispin's Day, Henry was successful at Agincourt, decimating a generation of the elite of France, from which, arguably, they failed to fully recover.

And, ironically, a lot of Henry's "happy few" were commoners armed with bows.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    :dunno: Politicians at a sporting event? Am I missing the "funny"?

Oh wait, Nancy's wearing an LSU shirt, and that's funny because she has no connection to LSU, amirite?

I think all Republicans are supposed to hate all Democrats so that they would never be anywhere near each other unless forced....or some 7th grade nonsense like that.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    And, ironically, a lot of Henry's "happy few" were commoners armed with bows.
    I remember reading somewhere that the British army resisted arming common soldiers with rifles in the Revolutionary War period because a rifleman must be allowed to shoot when he's ready, not when ordered. Mass musket fire required giving of orders, which reinforced following orders over independent action. Can't let the commoners get used to independent action or they might start getting ideas.

Still trying to find the reference for that, though.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Untitled.png

For JettaKnight: It's funny because the left doesn't understand memes. Also, CNN is unwittingly bringing added publicity to the view that this little Cuban flag-wearing commie is shredding the Constitution.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I think all Republicans are supposed to hate all Democrats so that they would never be anywhere near each other unless forced....or some 7th grade nonsense like that.

Which grade level correlates with whining about pictures not being funny on the internet?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My favorite Cuban meme:

[video=youtube_share;gc0TVQfRuYM]http://youtu.be/gc0TVQfRuYM[/video]

Ah yes, Elian Gonzalez...when "family values" conservatives started frothing at the mouth, demanding that a child be removed from the custody of his natural father.

Not a bright spot for us conservatives, in my book.

1B73oQw.png

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom