• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Shouldn't they remove all black people from TV commercials too? And then all white people. And then stop all commercials. (just dreaming)

So is Nike racists for using athletes like Michael Jordan and Colin Kaepernick for the sole purpose of selling their shoes made by Chinese children? Are M.J. and C.K. being used by corporate America or are M.J. and C.K. complicit in the promotion of near slave like conditions these children are forced to work in?

I also wonder if the pancake syrups will still be brown in color of if it will be necessary to change the color of the syrup too. So many questions, so few answers.

And I cannot begin to tell you how upset I am that I can no longer do the magic trick with the Indian maiden's knees, mostly because I miss watching my wife roll her eyes at my juvenile behavior.

40s924.jpg

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So is Nike racists for using athletes like Michael Jordan and Colin Kaepernick for the sole purpose of selling their shoes made by Chinese children? Are M.J. and C.K. being used by corporate America or are M.J. and C.K. complicit in the promotion of near slave like conditions these children are forced to work in?

Yes! Just look at Nike board of directors... not at all inclusive.
    They are selling jordan and kaepernick, this has happened in the past as well, I just can't put my finger on it...

https://about.nike.com/pages/executives

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

It's also important to point out that those peddling the soft bigotry of low expectations are often the same people who are against charter schools, education vouchers and school choice programs that would help those in underperforming public schools get access to a better education.

dumbmeme.jpg

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Yes and no. You had a place to live, but it was the same as a place everyone lived. Jobs were quite diverse - depended on your education, just like here.
    Cars, for sure, were a luxury. Outrageously expensive with long wait periods. Again - a result of total government control and lack of competition.
    Same thing with food variety. Yes, it was there. No, people didn't starve. But that's what you get with government control.
    I'm not saying it was the best place on Earth, but it wasn't this awful hellscape people here imagine.
    People get so aggressive when you tell them that. Just like some people go ballistic when you tell them Trump is not a dictator...

:orly:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor

Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn said:
    “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”

You may have to forgive some of us for thinking that the description of living in "terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase" precisely describes one form of awful hellscape, and one that many who hold the Second Amendment dear might consider a hellscape of the highest order.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    LOL. That's the Cupine meme... only copied and pasted off facebook.

xN0lqMh.jpg

Yeah, please don't do that. Right click the image, and select "Copy image location", then use the photo icon to paste it into the url box here. If you see it doesn't end in .jpg, .gif, .png, it's probably not a good idea to post it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom