Dd-DwyMUwAAneCR.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Good one! Obama's "legacy" is being erased because he did not have enough votes in Congress to get any of it into actual law, other than Obamacare. The Iran deal should have been a treaty, but not enough votes, same with the Paris climate accord, and many others. They were just his own political wishes, and as such, can be reversed. And they are being reversed, because that is what those who elected Mr. Trump voted him in to do, among other things.

The problem as I see it is that much of what Trump is accomplishing along these lines is done the same way Obama did it.

We need to pressure our representatives (ha ha) to back him up.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The problem as I see it is that much of what Trump is accomplishing along these lines is done the same way Obama did it.

We need to pressure our representatives (ha ha) to back him up.

Hopefully congress doesn't back him up on Tariffs.

WTF - 25% on cars?! Have we learned nothing?

473309e2d95d9ff72256444e44b9087c.jpeg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    "In 1930, the Republican-controlled House of Representatives, in an effort to alleviate the effects of the... Anyone? Anyone?... the Great Depression, passed the... Anyone? Anyone? The tariff bill? The Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act? Which, anyone? Raised or lowered?... raised tariffs, in an effort to collect more revenue for the federal government. Did it work? Anyone? Anyone know the effects? It did not work, and the United States sank deeper into the Great Depression."

ferris-bueller-boring.png

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Hopefully congress doesn't back him up on Tariffs.
    WTF - 25% on cars?! Have we learned nothing?

The 25% will never happen. That number is thrown out there because China has a 25% tariff on US cars while our tariff on their cars is 2.5%. Other countries have a higher tariff on our cars than we do on theirs as well. This tariff increase threat is just a way to get their attention and get a better deal for US in these unfair tariffs against the US.

Already China is going to lower their tariff against US down to 15% starting July 1st. This is a positive result already with no legislation required. The outcome is probably going to be a more even trade landscape for the US instead of US getting screwed all the time.

Their is no need for a knee-jerk reaction unless that is really what people want to do as part of their own agenda.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The 25% will never happen. That number is thrown out there because China has a 25% tariff on US cars while our tariff on their cars is 2.5%. Other countries have a higher tariff on our cars than we do on theirs as well. This tariff increase threat is just a way to get their attention and get a better deal for US in these unfair tariffs against the US.

Already China is going to lower their tariff against US down to 15% starting July 1st. This is a positive result already with no legislation required. The outcome is probably going to be a more even trade landscape for the US instead of US getting screwed all the time.

There is no need for a knee-jerk reaction unless that is really what people want to do as part of their own agenda.
    Of course you're right, Trump has never put up tariffs before. I'm sure it's just talk and he lying about this.

#NeverAbandonYourRedPen

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Of course you're right, Trump has never put up tariffs before. I'm sure it's just talk and he lying about this.

Your agenda is showing again. This is simply a negotiation, not lying, lol. You threaten a tariff on their stuff and they lower the tariff on our stuff.
    But feel free to misrepresent anything you want. It says more about you than anything else.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    We have a tariff on Chinese cars? Is there any Chinese car imported in to the US?

There were about 58,000 cars imported from China last year, mostly Volvos and GM cars. Another concession President Trump was able to get is ownership of the plants in China. In the past the US was not allowed to outright own any plants there, instead they had to be partnerships of some type. Soon it may be possible for US to own the plants just like other countries own their plants in the US.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Pictures guys.
    I think we already have a tariff thread.
    Let's do both!

ows_152046112497844.jpg

Your agenda is showing again. This is simply a negotiation, not lying, lol. You threaten a tariff on their stuff and they lower the tariff on our stuff.
    But feel free to misrepresent anything you want. It says more about you than anything else.
    If you know what my agenda is, by all means let me know. I was under the impression I had no agenda but good grammar & funny political picture.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom