“How can this be for the greater good?”

“The Greater Good”

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    This is spot on. I am very concerned about the repercussions of people believing the false, manufactured narratives that the media continues to push. Their lies and irresponsible whipping up of emotional frenzy about "the children" at the border has already resulted in death threats against the president's youngest son and children of other government officials and ICE agents. I am concerned that someone is going to get hurt. They are rabidly unhinged because they lost the 2016 presidential election. All they care about is power and getting rid of President Trump, and do not care who gets hurt in their pursuit of it or how much it damages this country and its institutions. A disgusting and very dangerous "cult."

QFT
    During the height of the "caged children" reporting, Chuck Schumer said the Democrats would block any attempt to solve the problem with legislation. They would rather attack Trump than reform immigration laws. They won't vote to deal with DACA because they want it as an election issue.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I wondered, when I saw your earlier comment, why a Valpo scholar was startled by 57K. I know a couple Valpo grads who have done very well for themselves, and I know it wasn't cheap.

My JD was dirt cheap compared to what they are paying at Valpo now...but I doubt any of my kids will go there. It is turning into a liberal, pseudo-christian money pit like a lot of other colleges....but yes, the undergrad school maintains a good academic reputation.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You'll really be depressed when they give you the "we own your kids now" speech. I got walked out of that one at IU.

I'll just say that with my older 2 kids, one entering his last year in college and one starting this fall, they are at institutions where such a speech is....unlikely. They will both be at institutions that, according to the current post-secondary orthodoxy, are bigoted, backward and hate-filled.

But I get it, my daughter briefly looked at IU.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'll just say that with my older 2 kids, one entering his last year in college and one starting this fall, they are at institutions where such a speech is....unlikely. They will both be at institutions that, according to the current post-secondary orthodoxy, are bigoted, backward and hate-filled.

But I get it, my daughter briefly looked at IU.

Being an IU grad, I was embarrassed at first during that orientation and then just mad as it went on until we left.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom