• ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Weekly reminder

I think it's worth while pointing out, yet again, what you see in print or on the air is probably NOT what the police, or anybody else the media may interview, actually said or intended to say. As a matter of fact, having seen examples first-hand, I am comfortable saying the media usually gets it wrong. Additionally, the job title Editor should be changed to Spinner for the sake of accuracy. But, as noted, accuracy plays a very limited part in the selling of ink or air time. :twocents:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    "But police also stress that guns, illegal or not, in the hands of those without criminal intent can prove just as dangerous."

They say crap like that and stir up additional fear of firearms, and then whine about having to deal with legal open carriers when people call the police because someone had a gun and wasn't bothering anybody.

Chrolle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Beech Grove
    What I gathered from this article is that the LE feels that only LE should possess firearms Apparently everyone else is just stupid and uneducated. LOL

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    "But police also stress that guns, illegal or not, in the hands of those without criminal intent can prove just as dangerous."

They say crap like that and stir up additional fear of firearms, and then whine about having to deal with legal open carriers when people call the police because someone had a gun and wasn't bothering anybody.

Soooooo the police have guns and I assume no criminal intent..... are they just as dangerous also? From what I have seen a badge doesn't make a gun any safer. Don't get me wrong I know they have training, but I'd bet a lot of Ingo subscribers have more range time than most LEOs.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Sounds like another chance to harass legal gun owners who choose to carry. Anyone want to take bets on a rise in the instances of OC'ers getting hassled or CC'ers, either? Print just enough to be seen and you'll get the third degree (and a chief approved lecture).

Top Bottom