• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Maybe referees should be given police powers. Equip them with tasers and submission sticks. Stop resisting!!

lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center
    The NHL's zero tolerance policy is a joke. It just depends who you are, and this indecent is a good example The NHL gives Sean Avery (a jerk) a 10 suspension for a locker room interveiw where he laughs at another NHL player taking his "sloppy seconds", but it doesn't do sh*t when one of the "good guys, who would never do that on purpose" runs a guys head (who doesn't even have the puck) into the turnbuckle at 20+ mph, and all the while crying about how they have to stamp out hits to the head. I could see it coming the night it happened...all the commentators were saying maybe Chara should have gotten 2 minutes for inteferance but thats all because " hes a good guy, who would never do that on purpose" over and over, right down the line.

...Chara better keep his head on swivel next time they play Montreal.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    this is just like at schools now days. when I was in school, you could beat someones ass, and no cops were called. if you played sports you got 3 days in school suspension, and if you were a loser, you got a weeks out of school suspension, lol. this world is going to hell. we are teaching kids and everyone that we want a society of wimps. talk through your problems, breath deap and say goosfrabba, what the **** ever. sometimes people just need a good ass beating. hell, it lets you know your alive and it makes you stronger. now if you call a fag a fag, your a bully. you call a loser a loser, your a bully, you call a bum a bum, your a bully. And if one of those freaks goes and offs themselves then your a murderer for calling them a bully dont ya know :rolleyes: . Also is the PRESIDENT OF THE ****ING UNITED STATES OF AMERICA SERIOUSLY ON MY DAMN TV TALKING ABOUT BULLYING!?!?!?!?!? OH MY GOSH, Im gonna need a drink, A stiff drink. and now even hocky players cant whoop ass no more without the cops coming to the rescue. What the ****? Im going to go hide in my man cave now, far away from this world of wimps. Im just waiting for the day that the guy with 2" is gonna make the 7" plus guys feel guilty that they were born with more. its coming, im sure of it. losers, wimps, lazy people, and tree huggers are taking over everything. Im gonna have to get a "promise not to text and drive" bracelet just to be able to shop at walmart without getting the hundred yard stare of death soon. im sure.

Last edited:

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    If a hit in a hockey game is cause for an assult charge, then shouldn't the fighters in MMA, boxing, and wrestling be on death row? Using the same logic as the Monteal Police fairs fair isn't it?

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I couldn't give two :poop:s about hockey, but this is gayer than AIDS.

Doesn't hockey revolve around who can lay down the best cheap shot whenever possible?

Lay this story to rest(ie, get rid of police involvement) or get rid of hockey altogether...Personally, I'd vote for both.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

Doesn't hockey revolve around who can lay down the best cheap shot whenever possible?

Lay this story to rest(ie, get rid of police involvement) or get rid of hockey altogether...Personally, I'd vote for both.

did someone say aids? :):

(language warning, just in case)
    YouTube - Team America: Everyone has AIDS

lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center

I'm sorry your hockey experience didn't go well for you...but then the world needs bowlers too ;)

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    So they can get in fistfights during the middle of a game without anyone breaking it up until one player takes control but the police are getting involved in a hit?

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I'm sorry your hockey experience didn't go well for you...but then the world needs bowlers too ;)

I much prefer sports that require strategy(at least a LOT more strategy than hockey).

I guess I was a bit too harsh when I said I'd vote for hockey going away...I was thinking like it was 10 years ago when it was actually televised in the United States. Since it's no long taking up valuable airtime anymore, I don't really care.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    this is just like at schools now days. when I was in school, you could beat someones ass, and no cops were called. if you played sports you got 3 days in school suspension, and if you were a loser, you got a weeks out of school suspension, lol. this world is going to hell. we are teaching kids and everyone that we want a society of wimps. talk through your problems, breath deap and say goosfrabba, what the **** ever. sometimes people just need a good ass beating. hell, it lets you know your alive and it makes you stronger. now if you call a fag a fag, your a bully. you call a loser a loser, your a bully, you call a bum a bum, your a bully. And if one of those freaks goes and offs themselves then your a murderer for calling them a bully dont ya know :rolleyes: . Also is the PRESIDENT OF THE ****ING UNITED STATES OF AMERICA SERIOUSLY ON MY DAMN TV TALKING ABOUT BULLYING!?!?!?!?!? OH MY GOSH, Im gonna need a drink, A stiff drink. and now even hocky players cant whoop ass no more without the cops coming to the rescue. What the ****? Im going to go hide in my man cave now, far away from this world of wimps. Im just waiting for the day that the guy with 2" is gonna make the 7" plus guys feel guilty that they were born with more. its coming, im sure of it. losers, wimps, lazy people, and tree huggers are taking over everything. Im gonna have to get a "promise not to text and drive" bracelet just to be able to shop at walmart without getting the hundred yard stare of death soon. im sure.

Someone needs a hug.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I much prefer sports that require strategy(at least a LOT more strategy than hockey).

I guess I was a bit too harsh when I said I'd vote for hockey going away...I was thinking like it was 10 years ago when it was actually televised in the United States. Since it's no long taking up valuable airtime anymore, I don't really care.
    apparently you have never played hockey, the only reason hockey isnt huge in the us is because its from canada. Hockey has constant action, big hits, and fist fights. Its as American as apple pie except for being from canada

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    apparently you have never played hockey, the only reason hockey isnt huge in the us is because its from canada. Hockey has constant action, big hits, and fist fights. Its as American as apple pie except for being from canada

You must have missed the part where I said I like sports with (more) strategy.

I'm a huge MMA fan and I prefer the fist fights to stay within that sport(not big on boxing)...Fighting during a non-combat sporting event is just ****ing classless and tacky.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

You must have missed the part where I said I like sports with (more) strategy.

I'm a huge MMA fan and I prefer the fist fights to stay within that sport(not big on boxing)...Fighting during a non-combat sporting event is just ****ing classless and tacky.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    I just watched the video on YouTube.

YouTube - Zdeno Chara hits Max Pacioretty Mar 8, 2011

I'm not a hockey fan but it looks like the hit would be cause for a penalty. That being said, the severity of the injury sustained is more a result of bad design than a cheap shot. The 2 were engaged and it doesn't appear to me that there was intent to injure. That being said, the police need to be out of this one.

On violations that clearly violate the rules of a sport (Todd Bertuzzi's incident is quoted in one story), there should be police involvement. There should be charges for incidents that take place outside of the accepted bounds of the sport. 2 hockey players facing off is fine, as the sport has set the precedent. As Ranger said, sometimes, someone just needs a whoopin. Just do it like a man and give the person the chance to defend themselves.

Top Bottom