• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ... Inconvenient if you plan to use it. ...

That's kind of the whole point I think. BTW, has anyone seen the huge thread(s) on the S&W forum about catastrophic lock failures on S&W revolvers?

OP, if you like the 642/442, Smith does a run every year (or has for the last few anyway) WITHOUT the lock. None of my Smiths have locks. Never will.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I've had a 2.25" Ruger SP101 since December 1994...and I love it! I had an LCR for a while...but ended up selling it as I prefered the SP101!

As far as it being a 'pocket' gun...it's a mite heavy at 25 oz. empty...but it'll sure shoot the blazes in .357 mag that's for sure!

Allenicomp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Carmel Indiana
    I've been looking at the Model 60 3". I'm thinking that the additional inch of length makes very little difference as to concealing (just an inch more in the pocket) but will make a tremendous difference in shootability, accuracy, and recoil. One of my favorite revolvers of all time was a Model 66 (K Frame) with 3" barrel and round butt. It was virtually the perfect gun for my purposes. I'm wanting to buy a couple of Model 60s in 3" for my wife and daughter. Awesome weapons.

cubstuff

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Indiana
    I have both a Ruger LCR38 and a S&W Bodyguard 38. Both are great guns, and neither have failed me. The grip on the Bodyguard is a little thinner/longer. Almost identical size though. I do like how the LCR has a more traditional cylinder release on the side. The Bodyguard has a plastic cylinder release that is on the very back top (Worried about the reliability of the plastic release / It is better for either hand use though).

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I replaced the stock grip on my LCR with the bantam/boot grip, and the gun has a slimmer profile now. It also doesn't have that "sticky" rubber feeling.

Caldad

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    I love my LCR. The recoil depends on the ammo... I've had some over-powered Fiocchi ammo that would kill my hand after only three shots with my LCR. I reload my own now, and can shoot it all day long. Great trigger!! =)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I use a 442 (no lock) that I bought locally. I have heard great things about the LCRs and I wouldn't hesitate to own one if I had the need. My 442 is an excellent gun for its intended purpose and within its designed envelope.

Trust me, it is a 442.
    folssn_zps5fce4d65.jpg

Last edited:

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    Another vote for the LCR - I like the Hogue Tamer grip. And in the other pocket is a North American Arms Pug in .22WMR as a backup.

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    I have a SW 642. I honestly don't know how many rounds have been through it in its life, but it has never failed me. I shoot everything from light bunny loads to full power +p loads. The only thing I changed on mine was switching out the rubber boot grips for the old school magna grips with a Tyler T grip. The rubber boot grip kinda hung up in the pocket for me. You can't go wrong with the 642/442
    Didnt know you could change the grips on the 642. I have one also and love it but dont care for the rubber grips. Cool.

Top Bottom